t h i r t y f i v e

Comenzar desde el principio

"You've got the basic anatomy down. Just a little tinkering and even Aiden shouldn't be able to recognize the real you." Melissa declared finally. "What else have you learnt?"

"Well..."

Aiden doesn't return for the next few hours

Aiden doesn't return for the next few hours. We keep ourselves busy by flipping through his spell books and slowly recover my old knowledge of using magic. I guess he's been keeping these books for quite a few years now, seeing how his handwriting went from chicken scrawls to neat prints. A few of them were in a language I didn't understand. I don't even know if it's a language or the password to a cult Aiden's a part of. I giggle as I think of his reaction if I tell him that.

With Melissa's help, I master the basic spells like making objects fly or disappear and a few complex ones like turning myself into another person, teleportation and mind reading. We were working on offense and defense spells when Aiden barges in like a madman. I squeak in surprise and my aim on the apple sitting comfortably on Melissa's hand falters. I shoot my energy beam at the pillows instead. Two fly across the room and result in one of Aiden's painted portraits crash on the floor. The guards at the door rush in with their swords raised. They looked around as if expecting to see a whole bunch of hooligans wrecking havoc in here.

"Um..oopsies?" I chuckle nervously. Aiden sighs and waves for the guards to leave.

"Get a maid in here." He adds in before they shut the doors behind them.

"Oh no need for that! I know how to fix it." I say, excited to show him what I managed to learn in his short absence.

I close my eyes for a second, willing the magic to surge through me. When I open them, I see the faint familiar glow of my hand. The shattered glass slowly rise along with the portrait. The glass pieces mold together and fix themselves on the portrait. With one final surge of magic, I hang it back on the wall.

"What do you think? Pretty cool huh?" I smirk at Aiden.

"Am I good teacher or am I an amazing one? I really can't decide." Melissa pipes in.

Aiden rolls his eyes at both of us but offers me an affectionate smile as he ushers Melissa and I to sit on the bed.

"I'm proud of you. Really. But I've got an even better news." He pauses for dramatic effect.

"Well? We don't have all day. Get on with it!" I say, getting impatient.

"We have news on Guardian Agatha and Lord Dimitri. Derek got a message from Waenn. It carried a message about suspicious activities happened near the lake there. We've sent a group of our best soldiers to scout the place. They will be back tomorrow with news. And if the information is true, maybe bring our companions along."

"Skies! Are you serious? That's amazing! Why didn't he tell me directly?" I exclaim.

"We received the news about half an hour ago. I rushed here to tell you as soon as I was done with my business with him. Derek gave his apologies for not consulting you with the scouting plan but he hoped you wouldn't object to it." Aiden said.