Freddy's Ford Mustang

Start from the beginning

"My name is Matty Dove."

Matty shook hands with both officers.

"My husband is the owner fo Tuckamore Bay and I am legal council for the Bay."

"I am Officer Gilbert and this is Officer Talbot. We are here investigating a report of a stolen vehicle."

Matty shook her head.

"Would that vehicle happen to be a Ford Mustang?"

Officer Gilbert looked surprised.

"As a matter of fact, it is."

"And the complaint was lodged by Cameron Penny."

Officer Talbot stepped forward.

"If you have any information, I would advise you to tell us, otherwise you could be held ..."

Matty put up her hand.

"I am quite aware of the law, Officer Talbot. I did just inform you that I am legal council for Tuckamore Bay."

"Do you know the whereabouts of one, Freddy Simpson? If you do, I would advise you to convey that information to us."

Matty bit her lip and turned away from the officers.

"Henry? Did Bill's scotch and cigars come in?"

"Dey will bes 'ere dis afternoon. Ronnie bes in Corner Brook now, doin' pickups. Ise will calls youse when 'e comes back."

Matty smiled. 

"Thank you, Harry. Could you please get me a couple racks of ribs. We are having a barbecue tonight."

"Sure ting Matty."

Harry headed to the back of the store to get the ribs for Matty.

Matty looked at both Officers.

"My name is Matty Dove and I am legal council for Tuckamore Bay, which means I am also legal council for Freddy Simpson and every other person here in Tuckamore Bay."

"Do you know where Mr. Simpson is?"

"Officer Talbot. Until I talk to my client, I cannot make any comment."

Officer Talbot nodded.

"Then we will ask around the Bay."

He started for the door.

Matty moved in front of the two officers, blocking the door. Both officers towered above Matty.

"I don't think so."

"Miss Dove. If you don't move, we could arrest you for interference."

Matty shook her head.

"I don't think so. You see, this village is private property. It is protected under law as an official business, called Tuckamore Bay Limited, which is owned by my husband, Bill Williams.