8. Law & Order

Addison ^^

Alex's POV

After dinner Colt gave me a hug before heading off with his Mom to get ready for bed. As Xavier and I went to leave to go back to the bedroom that I've been locked up in bagpipes stopped us.

"Thank you lass. You may not think anything of it, but thank you this is the first time since my wee babe was born that I have hope that he will be ok." Fergus said.

I was kind of stunned that it meant that much to him, but I remembered my own Momma breaking down when I first started talking.

"It's fine. I understand where your coming from, I remember how my Momma acted when I first started talking and she's told me of how she use to worry. So I get it. I've got 6 nieces and nephew and I love'em like my own. I couldn't imagine not having answers and how scary that would be." I said 

He touched my shoulder, nodded his head and went on his way. 

After Xavier and I got back to the bedroom I headed off to the closet to change. I loved pajama pants, but I can't sleep in them. My legs get too hot, but my arms are what gets cold at night. I  took off the pants, shirt and my bra and put on black bootee shorts, fuzzy socks and I grabbed a hoodie from Xavier's side of the closet as I didn't have any on my side. 

Someone must have came in after we left for dinner as the room was cleaned and the bed was made. I was kind of irked as I had spent time making my blanket mountain and was looking forward to getting in the warm spot that I had made. 

I crawled into the bed and got right in the middle, leaning up against the pillows. It was only 8pm so I wasn't really tired.

Xavier came out of the bathroom and went into the closet and came out in sweat pants and no shirt. 

"You like checking me out don't you." He chuckled 

Damn it I though I was being subtle about it.

I didn't respond just watched him move around the room.

He came over to the bed and pulled the covers back and started getting in. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him wide eyed.

"Getting in bed. I've got some work to look over." He said settling in and grabbing a laptop.

"Since I'm forced to be here. I am claiming this bed. Go somewhere else. Sleep on the couch." I said pointing to the couch across the room

"This has been my bed for a long time and I'm not giving it up. If you don't want to sleep in the dame bed as me, you move." He said typing.

I childishly grabbed the covers and rolled over disrupting this work and leaving him with no blankets. 

Next thing I knew I'm being jerked back over as he had grabbed the blankets and pulled them back. Damn he was strong.

I tried pulling them back but he had an iron grip on them. 

Giving up I huffed and turned to him.

"I'm bored." I said annoyed.

He reached over and grabbed a remote and wordlessly handed it to me. I looked around but couldn't see a tv.

"Where is the tv?" I asked

"Hit the tv button and find out." He said

I hit the button and a massive tv rose out of the mantle of the fire place.

"Ok, that's kinda cool." I relented.

Flipping through to find something to watch I decided to hit the netflix button and it popped up. I decided on The Ted Bundy Tapes.

20 mins in I wasn't hungry but I wanted a snack.

"Got any snacks?" I asked

He stopped typing and looked at me for a min. "Sure."

He got up out of bed and turned to me. "What do you want?" 

"Can't I come see what you have?" I asked mainly so I could see more of the out lay for when I found a way to get out of here, the other reason is I really wanted to see what they had to snack on.

"Come on." He said walking to the door. As I got up and went to the door and he looked at me with a weird look on his face.

"I like you in my cloths." He said opening the door.

"Yea, well I didn't have any hoodies." I simply said. 

I followed him to a kitchen area and started raiding the cabinets and fridge. He just stood by and watched. When I bent down to see what was in the bottom drawers I heard a growl from an animal. 

"Do you have a dog?" I asked turning around.

"No why." He said

"I could have sworn I heard something growl." I said confused.

"Nope." He said running the back of his neck.

"Shame, I love animals." I said going back to raid the fridge. 

After getting a few star crunch cookies, a brownie, a couple bottles of water and popping some popcorn we headed back to the room. 

I climbed back in bed with my haul spread around me and pressed play on my show. 

"Why are you watching that?" Xavier asked.

"Serial killers is dinner talk at my house." I said with a mouth full of popcorn.

"Why?" he said looking at me like I was the crazy one. I was set to ignore him but something in me wanted to explain to him so he didn't get the wrong idea.

"It's not what you think, my Momma and I love watching crime and police shows especially criminal minds, she even had us watch unsolved mysteries, and let me tell you some creepy man standing there telling you all about the horrific crimes that no one has solved will make you think twice before trying to sneak out of your house at night. Well, one day we watched a documentary of the Zodiac killer, Mom basically wanted us to watch it as lesson to be aware of our surrounding and not being caught in lovers lane type situations, she's always having us watch something as a life lesson of what not to do, but I ended up starting a debate as to the evidence and who done it. It became like our version of clue. I ended up finding something the FBI had missed, or if they didn't miss they never noted it anywhere. The letters he sent to the police to mock them, he made up his own language, it was cracked by a teacher back in the day, but I noticed there were spelling errors and that bugged me. Why go through all the trouble of making up your own language just to misspell simple words. So I wrote the missing letters down and it still didn't make much since then I remembered spiegelschrift. It's mirror writing, think redrum from the Shining. When I held the paper up to a mirror spelled out I AM ALBERT. Ever since then we watch stuff like this. I guess trying to see why anyone would or could do stuff to another human being." 

He looked at me with a smile and went back to typing on his lap top, but by episode two he had put his laptop away and was sitting next to me eating my popcorn and watching with me.