2. After All This Time

Xavier ^^

Xavier POV

After finishing the endless 2 months of mind numbing meetings with the Alpha's in America and solving stupid disputes and meditating grievances, we were finally headed home. 

I sat in the back of the SUV checking mails while my Beta sat in the front passenger seat texting his mate and smiling like an idiot. There were 2 warriors with us, one next to me and one driving. 

As we got within 30 mins from the airport and my private jet, I was thinking of what the flight attendant we would have on the flight back home would look like. We never had the same one twice. I couldn't let them get any ideas other than what it was. A meaningless stress releaver. 

As I return to my emails a loud pop goes off and we swerve to the side of the road. 

"What the hell!" My Beta shouted.

"It's just a flat tire, we hit piece of metal in the road, I tried to avoid it, but the a**hole next to us drifted into our lane." The driver said

"Jimmy, David get out and have a look around, I'll change the tire and you stay in the car sir." My Beta said looking at me. 

I rolled my eyes at their over protectiveness, I'm the damn King, no one can take me down and they all know it. No one is that stupid. But I've got to give them credit, they take their jobs seriously, even after all these years. 

As they got out and accessed everything I put my phone down and rubbed my eyes, I couldn't wait to crawl into bed and sleep. It's the only thing I look forward to anymore. 

As they opened the back hatch I caught a whiff of cherry and honey suckle and for the first time since I was teen my wolf started going nuts. The smell, I just couldn't get enough of it.

I got out of the car and smelled the air. 

"Your highness you should stay in the car." David said. 

I dismissed him with a wave of my hand and followed the scent. I had to find out where it was coming from.

I looked around and saw I was on a college campus; I continued following the scent until I heard lots of laughter and talking around a stone tower. 

I stayed out of sight watching what I assume is a group of college kids walking away, but the scent remained near the tower so I knew it wasn't one of the kids. I went to the tower to look inside because that's where the scent seemed to be coming from. I heard shuffling and watched as the most beautiful girl I had ever seen come walking out. She was wearing a huge purple dress with white gloves, the bottom half reminded me of the dresses women use to wear to the balls we hosted over a century ago. Her blonde hair was up and all I wanted to do was bury myself in her neck and run my hands through her hair. 

Standing with her back to me my wolf went crazy trying to get out and run to the girl and unconsciously I started walking over to her. She abruptly turned around and that's when my wolf growled the single most important word I'd longed to hear all my life. 

"MATE."

-------------------------------------

Alex's POV

Standing in-front of me was a man who seemed to be in his mid to late 20's and looked like he just stepped out of a magazine. Not gonna lie, he was freaking hot. 

"Oh, Hi." I said surprised with a little wave as the manners ingrained into me since childhood took over.

"Hello." the man said stepping closer to me.

While he was the best looking guy I had ever seen, I knew better than to be out in the dark alone with a man I didn't know and took a step back, his eyes catching the movement as he looked down at me.

"I've waited so long to find you." He said.

"Oooo...k." I said confused as warning bells went off in my head. I started calculating how fast I could run in this dress I now regretted putting on. 

His eyes glazed over for a minute and I took that as my time to leave. I turned to walk away.

"Wait, you can't leave." the guy said.

"Sorry dude, I've seen this horror movie, peace out." I said holding up the peace sign as I continued to walk away.

"I'm sorry too. I can't let you leave. Please forgive me." he said quietly.

At hearing this, I picked up the front of my dress in both hands and started to run. I could still see my friends ahead of me as they became smaller and smaller. This guy could probably kill me before they could run back to me to help.

Next thing I knew two huge guys stood in-front of me. I skidded to a stop and whirled around. 

The man was still coming towards me with a smirk on his face.

I turned towards the two men again. "Sorry dolls." I simply said as I shoved my knee into one of their groins and threw my fist into the others throat and made a mad dash past them. 

Suddenly arms were around my waist lifting me off the ground while I kicked my legs trying to get the person to let me go. 

"Let go you fu*king psycho!" I screamed.

"Shhh.. I'm sorry, but I can't risk losing you." The man said in my ear.

Everyone always told me I had a loud mouth. So I let go one of the loudest, most blood curdling screams I could manage startling the man and as his arms loosed I took the opportunity to kick back and hit his knee with my boot and push his arms away which caused him to stumble backwards. 

I heard and saw my friends running back to me. I started running towards them again, thanking God that they heard me, only for a large red head to grab me by my arm. 

"Come on lass." He said dragging me back. 

I kicked and screamed and fought with everything I had, but they took the hits and kept dragging me back. When I realized we were headed for an SUV I doubled my efforts to break free from my would be kidnappers, even biting one of them. 

I saw my friends running and screaming trying to get to me as I was dragged to the side of the SUV. I held on to the door frame trying to hold off until the cavalry got there but the men were just too strong for me. Just as the door shut the SUV speed away, as I looked out the back I saw my friends standing where the SUV was parked screaming.