15. Attack

Alex's POV

It had been a few days since Xavier gave me the tour of this castle. I was feeling a hell of alot better. I know I could leave now and make it just fine, but I wanted to wait a few more days. Just in case. At least that's what I'm telling myself. 

I'm starting to crave his touch more and more. And that scares the sh*t out of me.

Currently I've got blue jeans, my cowboy boots, a black t-shirt and one of Xavier's blue flannel shirts on and I'm deep in a game of candy land with Elyssa. The kids quit playing with us over an hour ago as apparently we were too competitive for them.

"That was a four not five." I said as Elyssa climbed up another ladder.

"No it was a five you just didn't see it right." She argued.

"You two are worse than the kids." Xavier's Mom Elizabeth said looking up from her book.

"Are not!" Elyssa And I both said laughing, she reminded me a lot of my favorite older sister Christina.

All of the sudden alarms started going off, louder than the time I opened the emergency doors.

"Grab the kids and follow me!" Elizabeth shouted at us.

I grabbed Colt and Elyssa grabbed Addison. We ran following Elizabeth to the elevator.

Once we got on she punched in a code and the elevator started moving faster than I'd ever seen it.

When the doors opened I noticed we were in a small basement. There were 6 elevators, 3 on one side and 3 on the other facing each other. To the right was a set of stairs and to the left was a concrete wall.

Other women and children started pilling out of elevators as Elizabeth went to the concrete wall and touched a panel that started to move revealing a keypad with numbers on it. 

She quickly punched in a code and the concrete wall started moving revealing a door. What is it with these people a freaking codes. Everything had a code. At this point I was surprised there wasn't codes to go to the bathroom.

Everyone filled in. Walking in there was walls on either side then it opened up. There were couches and seating all around the huge room that was bigger than a gym. To the right there was a door and to the left there was a door. Some women went into the left and came out holding weapons while others sat on the couches holding their children. 

Elyssa got seated and I sat Colt down next to her.

I went into what looked like a weapons room. No one was paying attention to me. So I grabbed a very shiny knife, bout the size of my old hunting knife I use to have. I put it in my boot in the holder and I grabbed a 9mm pistol and shoved it in the waist band of my pants after checking that it was loaded and quickly put my shirts over it. I walked out hoping no one saw.

I walked over to the right of the door to see what was behind the other door and it went to a kitchen and some bathrooms.

I went back to sit next to Elyssa and looked around. There seemed to be about 300 Women and children in the room. There was about 20 women standing in-front of the door we came in with weapons, they looked like they were ready for war. They honestly looked bad ass.

An older lady sat on my other side, she smiled at me so I smiled back.

"Hi." I said not wanting to be rude.

"Hi Luna. Don't worry the men folk will take care of everything. The female warriors are just a precaution."

This peaked my interest. Female warriors.