[15] Take A Chance.

Tuggin' & Pullin' On My Little Heartstrings

: : chapter 15 : :

Song of the chapter is 'Teenage Dream' by Katy Perry.

--

"Earth to Ashley!"

Ashley spun around and came face to Zac who had a wide grin plastered to his face.

His hands were stuffed into the pockets of his jeans that were riding low on his hips.

It was barely just a couole of minutes earlier that Zac's phone rang and interrupted the duo. Needless to say, the atmosphere around them was thick with discomfort and unease.

"I'm right here," she teased as she tried her best to ignore her awkwardness. "Who was it?"

"Some drunk guy who got the wrong number," Zac replied, causing the brunette to shake her head in an amused manner. "He was asking for some Alice who lives in Wonderland," he chuckled, "and then he asked if the person who owns Budweiser is my mate."

Ashley made a face. "What did you say?"

"I said that I do know Alice's friend, the Mad Hatter, and that I owned Budweiser," Zac laughed. "Then I hung up on him."

Ashley laughed. "You're one crazy guy."

Zac shook his head, looking amused. Soon enough though, his expression turned solemn as he checked the time. "I suppose get back now; Sean and Gab are probably wondering where we are."

Ashley agreed half-heartedly. "Come on, let's go," she said before side-stepping Zac and making her way towards the door that they had entered through.

Zac, who was trailing behind Ashley, spoke up on noticing the forlorn expression she was wearing on her face. "Hey Ash, you know what? Everything's gonna be okay; I promise."

"Yeah right," Ashley replied sarcastically, as she rolled her eyes.

"I'll make David love me," Zac slowly drawled out, his voice punctuated with a chuckle or two every now and then. 

Ashley smirked. "Oh, so now you've switched sides and bat the other way, yeah?"

Zac looked horrified. "Oh, no! Ashley!" he exclaimed. "You know what I meant." He visibly relaxed when he heard Ashley giggle as she walked ahead. "Come on, now come here," he said with a wide grin.

Ashley stopped in her tracks. "What?" she questioned him as she turned around.

Zac said nothing. Instead, he simply hugged her.

"Now let's get back," Zac murmured before dropping his arms from around her body. "I'll leave you till your room."

"Yeah, okay," Ashley replied slowly, taking a couple of steps back and turning around slowly whilst trying to distract herself by messing with her hair.

Even though none of them had actually said it, it was as if they had reached a mutual, unspoken agreement according to which they weren't supposed to talk about the fact that they'd almost kissed a while back. Ashley glanced at Zac walking next to her, and bit her lip as she wondered about what would've happened had Zac's phone not rung.

Even though Zac had been trying to keep his cool since the past few minutes, he couldn't help but notice the way his legs shook while he walked, as he kept up the cool guy attitude. He was shaken; he almost kissed the girl that he was falling for.