[54] All The Times We Spilled Our Coffees.

Song of the chapter is Tonight by FM Static. It's not got anything to do with the chapter because that's quite a lovey-dovey song and this chapter on the other hand, is not. At least I tried to make it as fun filled as possible. Not denying any Zashley moments though. Or Zeath. Or Seanella. Okay I should shut up now. Off to the chapter ;) xx

--

"My baby's grown up," Hannah cooed, prodding at Zac's cheeks as he stood in front of the table on which the cake was safely placed.

"Mom," Zac groaned. "Stop."

John laughed. "There's no way she's going to stop, son. She's missed you way to much for too long and the fact that you hardly visit doesn't help either."

Hannah nodded her head in agreement.

"So does it mean that this trip you're gonna harass me this way, all the while?" Zac joked, causing a few chuckles to erupt around the room.

"Yes, I am."

Zac laughed. "If that's what makes you happy," he muttered before giving his mother a quick hug. "I love you, mom," he whispered into her ear.

Hannah teared up slightly. It wasn't often that teenage boys nowadays tell their mothers that they love them.

Zac smiled as he pulled back from Hannah, half wishing that he stayed home all the time. That's when his gaze strayed over to where Ashley, Gabriella and Sean were standing behind his parents and he realized that it was impossible for him to imagine life without the three people he called his best friends. That moment onwards, Zac decided to visit his sister and parents more often because hey, family's the most important for everybody, isn't it?

He snapped out of his reverie as he felt something being placed on top of his head. Suppressing a loud groan once he realized that it was the party hat his mother had been talking about which was now precariously placed on top of his head, Zac forced a smile on his face before turning towards the cake. 

After throwing a sidelong glance at Ashley, Sean and Gabriella who were chuckling, Zac took a deep breath, squeezed his eyes shut and blew on the candles that decorated the cake, after having made a wish of course.

The last thing Zac saw before he shut his eyes, was Ashley smiling the smile that he had fallen for.

As soon as Zac separated one slice of cake from the rest of the cake, he turned towards his parents to give them one bite each. Next, he turned towards Sean and Gabriella who were standing right next to his parents. Sean immediately smeared some cream onto Zac's face before he turned away, searching for a particular someone. Once the birthday song finished, everybody in the room burst out clapping and cheering while Zac got engulfed in numerous hugs. Pushing through the crowd once Zac finally reached where Ashley was, they locked eyes for a split second before Ashley too, engulfed him in a bone breaking hug.

"Happy birthday," she cried with sheer happiness before kissing him on his cheek.

Zac went slightly red. "Thanks."

The two teenagers were in their own world and hadn't noticed the watchful eyes of everybody around them who had obviously noticed the innocent exchange between Zac and Ashley.

Somewhere between the merry making about half an hour after the cake, Sean and Gabriella were having a little heart to heart as the couple occupied a table in the backyard.

"Last night, d'you reckon that Zac was being jealous of Dean, maybe?" Gabriella asked him thoughtfully.

Sean shrugged. "He was, whether or not he'll admit to it. Ash definitely was slightly jealous when Zac and Taylor slow danced . . ." he trailed off.