[55] Flyin' Till I'm Cryin'.

Song of the chapter is Hurricane by Bridgit Mendler. Enjoy x

-- 

The next morning close to ten, Sean hummed as he once again drew Zac's car but this time, back towards Oakridge with no intention of stopping anywhere mid way. He made small talk with his girlfriend as Zac and Ashley dozed away in the backseat, too sleepy to stay awake.

"I wonder what they did last night," Sean said with a suggestive smirk. "How can they feel this sleepy? Even you and I aren't that sleepy," he pointed out.

"Probably cuddled and watched movies," Gabriella said with a laugh. "I'm still worn out though."

Sean chuckled. "Is that a bad thing?"

Gabriella choked as she went red. "Shut up and drive."

"I love you too, Gabi," Sean teased.

"I love you too . . ." she trailed off thinking about just how much she loved Sean. Leaning over, she kissed him on his cheek.

Sean pulled pulled up at a signal. "Not that I'm complaining, but what was that for?"

Gabriella shrugged. "Nothing."

The duo were interrupted from their little conversation as they heard a groan from the back seat; Ashley was waking up.

The brunette was slightly surprised to find out that she wasn't able to move; even more so when she discovered the reason behind her immobility- Zac had wrapped his arms around her and had pulled her extremely close to him as they slept.

"Zac," she mumbled. "Leggo of me," she said sleepily, unable to form a coherent sentence. 

Zac grunted before tightening his hold around Ashley.

Ashley sighed. "Zac?" she slumped down on him once she realized that there was no way that she could try and wriggle her way out of his grasp.

"Need help there?"

"I guess?" Ashley replied with a resigned sigh as she slumped back onto Zac's torso.

Gabriella smirked. "I don't think so. You guys look cute that way so . . ."

"Gab!" Ashley exclaimed loudly, effectively waking Zac up. "Thank god you woke up," She huffed as she pushed herself away from an extremely bemused Zac.

"What?" he questioned dumbly.

Ashley rolled her eyes. "Nevermind."

Zac grunted before throwing his head back on the headrest and going back to sleep while Sean and Gabriella looked at him with their faces mirroring each others' amused expressions.

Ashley, on the other hand, was just glad that she wasn't in an extremely awkward position with Zac.

For the remaining journey, Ashley, Sean and Gabriella kept up casual conversation while Zac dozed away in the back seat, sitting next to Ashley.

***

That evening, once the tiredness from the morning's journey had worn off, Ashley and Gabriella decided to go hang in the common room along with Sean, Zac and a few more friends.

"I feel like . . . I don't know what do I even feel like doing," Gabriella muttered. "I'm so bored. The only thing that I had to look forward to was Zac's birthday and now, there's nothing to look forward to, for weeks together," she complained.

"We can—" Sean began, but stopped as soon as Jade walked up to the group with a skeptical expression on her face. "Oh hey, Jade. Long time, no see?"

The redhead cleared her throat. "Yeah. I'd to sort a few things out . . ."