Chapter 13

"You're majoring in acting?" Minghao asked sipping onto his coffee.

"Yes." Junhui answered, doing the same. "My minors are dance and vocals. As you can see, I am not academics oriented at all."

"That's fine, Junhui! I was never meant for school."

They were sitting down at the far end of a public park. They could hear birds chirp and distant voices of people. It was October. The leaves had started to dry up and the chill had started to set in.

"Jun." he said, "You can call me Jun."

Minghao smiled, a flutter making its way to him, "Ok then. Jun." Junhui smiled back.

"What else do you like to do?" Junhui looked at him. "Like, apart from... whatever you used to do."

"Um... I don't know... I really like dance a lot. I remember standing outside studios and watching the dancers, then coming back home and practicing them."

"So you can dance?" Junhui asked, with a bounce in his tone.

"Um... yeah. Somewhat."

"Can you show me?" he smiled widely.

"What? No! Not here!"

"Why not? No one comes here anyway."

"No!" he shook his head, "Not in public."

"Minghao are you... shy?" he started to giggle.

"Shy? Who's shy? I'm not! Of course I'm not!" he said, more defiantly than he was supposed to.

Junhui said nothing, just threw his back and erupted into a high pitched, bubbly laugh. If it was anyone else, Minghao would have wiped that laugh off their faces. But this was Junhui. And this is exactly what he wanted. He wanted to hear Junhui's laughter and see him happy.

Now it was finally happening and he wanted to imprint this moment forever in his memory. He smiled fondly looking at him. Really, he didn't deserve him. He was too nice. Did he actually deserve a chance? Whatever it was, now that he had got one, he was going to utilize it.

"Why are you staring?" Junhui asked, breathing heavily, holding onto his stomach.

"Huh? Oh! Nothing!" he awkwardly looked in front and continued sipping his coffee.

Junhui just smiled. "I really do want to see you dance though." He looked down, crushing some of the yellowing leaves beneath his feet.

"Maybe someday." He shrugged.

"Okay then. I'm ready to wait." He looked at him and smiled wider.

Minghao couldn't seem to face him. Sparks erupted through his entire body and he was suddenly overcome by shyness. He looked down and smiled.

"So, what are you planning to do now?"

"I told you, charity work."

"I meant, for a living. How are you going to earn?"

"I already have a filthy amount."

"That's not gonna suffice you forever."

"I don't know. I'll think of it later." He checked his watch, "Oh! I have to go! I have to be at an orphanage an hour later. Bye-bye!"

Junhui waved, "See you tomorrow, then? Here only? Same time?"

Minghao nodded and got up, "See you!"

Junhui watched Minghao leave. He never knew someone could change so much. He had only thought this would happen in movies but here it was, taking place in front of his eyes. He had seen the entire sequence right in front of him.

He smiled affectionately. Minghao. He really wasn't that bad a person. It takes courage to accept you're wrong and even more courage to change yourself. Minghao had that much of courage. Perhaps Junhui had made the right decision?

He looked down at his wrist and his smile faded.

Why was the colour fading?