Chapter 3

Junhui gasped and coughed and felt a wave of shudders crash him as he hit the ground. It was so cold, he was shivering violently and his teeth were chattering.

He took in lung fulls of air and pressed his palms to the ground, coughing as he tried to look around and come back to reality. The bridge was not there, and instead a huge smoke cloud was.

He looked, horror stricken, as he saw destruction around him. There was carcasses of vehicles and even dead bodies! There were people around him, crying, wailing and screaming, horrified.

He coughed again and wheezed. A drop of blood fell on the ground from his head. His body ached.

"Easy there, kid." A guy in a police uniform wrapped a blanket around him and called for the stretcher.

He hugged the blanket close to him and grit his teeth to stop shivering. His eyes filled with tears. Just what did he have to witness? Why would someone do this? What had the people done? No one deserved that.

He was destined to be with a guy who takes innocent lives? Who kills people, ruins lives? And why couldn't he hate him? Just why? And why couldn't he stop crying?

Junhui felt himself being lifted on the stretcher and he felt dizzy. Dizzy from anger, betrayal, confusion and disgust. He fell on the stretcher and everything turned black.

*

"Will he be fine?" the voice was a blur. Hazy, like looking at something through a fog.
"Yes." Another unclear voice, "Please wait!" The sound of a door closing.

"He's supposed... wake up..." the voices started to become clearer, "any second." The voices were clear, "Then give him this injection. Kiddo has suffered."

Junhui opened his eyes and was blinded by the lights of the hospital. There was a doctor and a nurse beside him. He was wearing an oxygen mask and was covered with bandages. He had an IV drip attached to his left hand and it had a bandage covering his wrist... and also his mark.

"Doctor!" the nurse looked at him, "He's awake." He could hear the beep of some machine beside him.

The doctor came and smiled at him, "Hello!" he said and checked his heart beat with a stethoscope and took his temperature. Junhui just stared mechanically and watched him do everything. He felt numb.

"You have a slight fever from the cold, but it's nothing serious. Sister, give him the injection."
It was when the nurse put the needle in him, did all his senses come back.
"We have some people to meet you." She said, "Should I call them?"
"Who?" Junhui's voice was low and muffled.
"Your parents, and the police."
"Police?" he asked, half dazed.
"It's necessary. Don't be afraid. He won't do anything."

Junhui's mom came in with the police. She looked worried, with her hair messy and bags under her eyes. Junhui put on a brave smile so his mother won't be more troubled, even though she could hardly see because of the mask, "Hi!" he managed to say, "I'm fine."

"No you're not!" she said. "Look at you!"
"Then I will be fine."

"Junhui," the police sat on a stool beside him, "that's your name?"
He nodded.
"How do you feel?"
"Better."
"We're going to ask some questions. They're not difficult or scary."
He nodded again, "I'm not a child officer."
He chuckled, "So, now tell me. What exactly happened?"
"I was thrown off." He said half truthfully and heard his mother gasp, "There was this guy. He just did it."
"Did you talk to him? Have you ever seen him? Any familiarity?"

"Yes I did." Junhui thought, "He's my soulmate, Xu Minghao. And he's the one behind the blast."

"No!" he shook his head, "He just pushed me off."
"Managed to get a glimpse?"
"He was wearing all black. A mask and a generic adidas jacket. That's it."
"You sure?"
"I told you everything I know!" he whined, not wanting to address any of this, "I'm tired! I want to sleep please!"
The policeman looked at him, scrutinizing him, then got up and nodded, "Very well. Thank you for your cooperation and... get well soon."

Junhui put his head back on the pillow and closed his eyes. He didn't even realize, he had already fallen asleep.

On waking up, the room was empty. It was still extremely white except for a tiny golden ray coming in from a vent. His oxygen mask had been removed but the drip was still there.

He thought about the day's events and a tear escaped his eye. He looked at his wrist which was covered with a bandage, hiding the mark. He clenched it as much as he could and grit his teeth to stop crying.

He felt foolish. Foolish for crying. Why should he cry? What was he crying for? Losing his soulmate? The fact that he still couldn't hate him? Or that he couldn't give him away to the police? Or the fact that he witnessed so much of destruction?

He hated it! He hated himself and he hated circumstances.

He breathed heavily and wiped his tears. Stay strong! He told himself.

It will be okay. 

A/N: Hello guys!

How are you doing? How is lockdown? And, what about online classes? Are you guys still going out?

Well, i honestly don't know what to write here. I wanted to connect with my readers. 

So, if you're reading, please leave a comment as I like reading them.

Have a nice day : D