Chapter 4

Minghao was at his base, staring at his wrist which glowed white. He smiled thinking about his soulmate. He was alive! But then his smile faded as he remembered what he had done.

"S.Coups!" he called out to his boss, "Explosives are in check. 5 minutes."
He nodded, "Good. Step away." and proceeded to speak through his earpiece, "Dino, any threat in site?"
"Nah!" came the answer, "None!"

"Alright! Everyone! Plan A activated. 5 minutes. Step away."

As Minghao was about to go, his wrist tingled and glowed white. He gasped happily, "S.coups! Look!"
"Oh God The8! Now?"
"It'll just take me a while." He said looking around, "Just 2 minutes." His eyes landed on the broad back of a person and he ran towards him. He didn't have any reason. He just knew.

He excitedly turned him around and found himself awestruck and speechless by his beauty. Could such a man even be real? With his extremely sharp, but soft features, and with those beautifully expressive eyes! He looked ethereal. And at that moment, Minghao felt so many emotions, he thought his heart might burst.

"The8!" the voice through his earpiece broke him from his thoughts.

He worriedly stared at him, took a deep breath and introduced himself. If this was the last time they're seeing each other, they'll at least know each other's names, "Xu Minghao. You are?"
"Wen Junhui." He answered and Minghao wanted to get lost in his voice.

"The8! 2 minutes more!"

He worriedly looked around him. 2 minutes. Shit! He couldn't ask Junhui to just leave without an explanation. He couldn't bring him with his gang either. Dammit! He was seriously running out of time. He looked down at the river. Well, at least he'll survive the blast.

Drowning has chances of being saved but a blast...

"Junhui!" he put a hand on his shoulder, "Can you trust me?"
"Yes I can!" he was so naïve.

He had no other option so he immediately pushed him back. He saw Junhui's betrayed and horror stricken look and regretted it immediately.

"The8! Hurry up!"

He had no other option. He silently prayed for his well-being and ran, pulling his mask up. He climbed onto their car parked nearby and it drove away at jaw breaking speed.

Minghao kept looking at his wrist. Then was deafened by a loud explosion.

"Mission successful!"

He feigned a smile.

He slammed his hand on the table, out of frustration and self-hatred. There were so many other things he could do. Just why didn't he think faster?

He clenched his jaw and opened a bottle of alcohol, chugging it in, wincing at how it burnt his throat. Why couldn't you undo the past? Junhui would hate him. He had lost him.

That was it. That was the end.

Xu Minghao, had lost his soulmate, forever.