Chapter 12

"You're leaving?" S.coups stared at him in disbelief. "Seriously?"

"Yes." He said, "I'm leaving." 

"The fuck happened to you, The8 hyung?" Dino stared. 

"Minghao. The8 is dead now. I just... realised I can't do this anymore. I feel like a monster. I have realised what I have been doing and wish to discontinue." He stared at them, "Now I need to talk to the boss. Also, I advise you both to leave too."

S.coups and Dino stared wordlessly. He was right though.

Minghao walked inside the boss's office. "Mr. Lim. I want to leave."

The boss, a man of 40, stared at him, "Say what?"

"I want to leave."

"What happened, The8? Did you find a better place?"

"I just realised all this is wrong. And that I should leave. But at the same time, I don't blame you. Circumstances are shitty. Anyway, I would advise you to stop one day as well, boss."

Mr. Lim stared, mouth agape, "You sure?"

"I can't do this anymore. Please boss. Let me. I've been here for very long now."

The boss huffed and sat back on his chair, breathing heavily, "Fine. You're free to leave. This is where we end contacts. After this, I don't know you, you don't know me. You don't speak a word about this to anyone. Or you know what I do."

"I don't want to bring upon my own doom, Mr. Lim. Thank you so much." He bowed and walked out of his office.

And at that moment, Minghao felt relieved. Like a thousand weights had been lifted off him. And he felt happy. He felt at ease. He felt like he had done the correct thing.

He smiled and went back to his friends. Despite not being work partners anymore, they were still friends.

"So, you're leaving?"
"Yes."
"Man! I'm gonna miss you!" they hugged him, "Don't lose contact alright?"
"I won't. Bye bye!"

He left the base and walked out onto the streets. He couldn't wait to meet Junhui. A smile made its way to his face and he almost ran back home. Tomorrow! He couldn't wait! But he had something else to do before that.

He entered his house and opened the drawers, cupboards and wherever else he had hid his rifles, pistols and knives. He had no business with them anymore.

He called his friends and asked them to pick up the weapons from his house and lay down on his bed.

What was he to do now? He had a lot of money with him. What could he do? Should he adopt a kitten? He really liked animals anyway.

He turned to his side, looking out of the window. The sky was bright blue and it was sunny.

He was ready for a fresh start.