14

A/N: Sorry for the wait, the boring plot and impending time jumps but since Killua's Heavens Arena timeline is stated on canon, I have zero rights to ignore it. Don't worry, even if your age gets older, you look baby-faced in this fic and there's a proof of that on this chapter. If you get what I mean. :P

I'll probably respond by morning because my net is too slow due to the strong typhoon. Notifs haven't been loading normally. Anyways, thank you for your support and goodnight to y'all!

•••

July 11th
Monday
10:00 am

Reader Pov

I stood on the ring for my next battle, while Killua's 100th floor status remain stagnant. I think it's because people have begun to fear the boy for his extraordinary skills.

Unfortunately, since he already spent all his fight money on snacks alone—which is a staggering one million jenny—I had to support his necessities for him to stay in Heavens Arena till his goal was complete.

The smile on my face faded as soon as the referee announced my win, due to the absence of my competitor. Perhaps that non-nen user had foreseen his fate and decided to escape. Well, it's not like I'm gonna kįll them though.

I thought it was pure luck at first, however, I never believed in the saying that "lightning strikes twice", much less ten freaking times. Anyone would think it's ridiculous for my opponents to constantly disappear on the day of our fight, bringing me up to 160th floor without breaking a sweat for two freaking months.

From that day onwards, all future schedules were cancelled by the players themselves and worse, no new requests are placed so Killua and I ended up broke. So to get funds from Gotoh, I focused on training Killua in the woods to improve our physical attributes and feed ourselves, just until we manage to reach 150th floor.

•••

September 15th
Sunday
8:56 pm

Reader Pov

After sending Killua to sleep to recuperate from the harsh twenty-four-hour training his butler has forced on him today via mobile phone, I dragged my feet back to my bedroom to take a warm bath for an hour. I figured if I get some rest, my unexplainable persistent fatigue will go away on it's own.

"Ugh." I groaned as soon as I've realized that the shampoo has started to get dried on my scalp and began to itch, from zoning out in the bathroom longer than I intended. Mainly because my mind is too preoccupied on a lot of things. But what I'm mostly worried about was why I frequently get dizzy lately, despite eating healthy.

Nonstop landline's ringing poked my bubble of thoughts and pushed me to speed up my bathing routine. The call must be very important if the person behind the other line won't give up that easily. As soon as the last of the suds got washed down the ivory-white tiled floor, I swiftly wiped myself up and wrapped another dry towel around just underneath my armpits, before I dashed out towards the bedside table.

"Hello." I called, however, no one replied back. There was no background noise either. I had a hunch this was meant to be a prank but I still tried the second time just to be sure. "Hello?" I asked again, but this time, the tone is fiercer.

"I thought you'd never answer." The stranger chuckled softly. "By the way, I like your irritated voice (Y/N). It sounds so sexy." I felt a wave of disgust ran down my spine at his sultry voice.

"It's not in my power to decide—" I took a deep breath to calm myself. There's no way a person of that rank would want a match with a newbie. "Who are you?"

"You'll know once you reach 200th floor. For the meantime, keep that same energy up. I'll be waiting."

"But—!" I gasped when he immediately cut the line right after. What a weirdo. So there are players who harass newcomers like this. I shook my head in disbelief. "I'm not scared of you, whoever you are. It's on." I mumbled to myself and returned the cordless white phone back to it's cradle.

"Reject that offer. It's too dangerous."

I flinched at Silva's sudden and undeniable presence, who most likely came from the veranda, hundreds of meters high above the ground. Sadly, I'm not in the best shape to welcome an unwanted visitor.

"Oh. It's you again. Long time no see." I said sarcastically. Instead of picking the black lace nighties laying on my bed, I quietly proceeded to the corner across and rummaged my wallcloset for a pair of plain, dark-colored cotton pajamas. "If you're here to argue about Killua, I've got no time—woah!"

Silva grabbed my left arm to face him but I was faster. I knew he'd pull something like that so my right foot landed a clean hit on his neck as planned. But to my surprise, he had no reaction whatsoever while my leg has suffered. And it's even surrounded with twenty percent of my aura.

"You were saying?"