6

SEVENTEEN YEARS LATER...

June 30th
4:05 pm

Reader Pov

"Here you go." I handed my auburn-haired male client a small but very sharp customized bolo with multiple holes at it's center, then took the payment by cash; aligned inside a black leather briefcase.

"Thank you for your hardwork as usual (Y/N). My boss will definitely be more than satisfied seeing this masterpiece." The glasses man in dark black suits carefully placed the blade inside a cushioned, long wooden box and bid me goodbye.

I stood next to the small wooden gates of my bungalow house at the outskirts of York New City, as I stared at his limousine leave tracks over the fine, light-brown sand. I was lucky to finish the job on time and kept my image intact. A blade craftsman who provides and abides.

Now I just have to find a reliable children's foundation that needs this money. I brushed my palms against each other and was about to open the single gate when I've heard someone whimpering in a distance. A little boy laying on his knees at the left side of the asphalt road. I didn't waste time and rushed to the scene.

"Are you alright kid?" I tried to wipe his tears off of his chubby pale cheeks to calm him for a bit. "Where are your parents?"

"There's too much blood..." he sniffed and rose up to sit. I hunkered down to take a good look at the three-inch slit on his right lower leg.

"Don't worry, the cut isn't that deep." I smiled and carried him inside my house. The messy living room full of my unfinished orders wasn't an option to lay an injured boy, so I brought him to the kitchen and let him sit on the tiled counter. "What's your name?"

"Killua."

"Okay Killua, you can call me (Y/N). I'm gonna be gentle but I need you to stay still and I promise this will be over in a minute."

•••

Killua Pov

Killua Pov

I watched her gently rinse the wound and dried blood off of my leg on the sink then poured sugar on it. "Hey, is that—?"

"Yes. It will slowdown the flow of your blood. Easy and inexpensive. Moreover, it doesn't hurt."

I looked at the lady's caring expression and my sharp nails just got stuck in the air.

Slash her neck. Now.

My big brother kept whispering at the back of my mind but I couldn't.

I'm more confused why she became a target in our hit list. This woman doesn't look like a criminal at all.

"Hmm?" I jerked back and took my hand off of her shoulder when our eyes met. "Do you I have a dirt on my face?"

"Um... no. I'm... ah... hungry."

"Oh." She smiled again after hearing my stomach growl and turned around to open the fridge. There were different kinds of raw stuff inside but I instantly saw a whole chocolate cake with fancy design on the top tier.

"Would you like to eat this with me?" She offered and placed the cake on the dining table.

"Thank you." I let her carry me to the corner seat and accepted the big slice of cake she put on my plate. I noticed cake topper had two candles with the number seventeen but they were not even lit. "Um... is it your birthday?"

I'm surprised she laughed out loud. "No, I'm already double this age." She said while taking the small candles off.

"(Y/N)?" I waved my palm over her face when she her smile slowly disappeared and looked like she was about to cry.

"It looks like he's not gonna come today too..."

"What?"

"S-sorry. I was talking to myself. I just... don't worry about it." Her voice is croaking but she was smiling. I didn't understand why until I saw her big ring. It has the same stone my mom wears but smaller.

Then I remembered my mom and dad just celebrated their sixteenth anniversary last month. I felt bad to do my job today so I offered my piece of cake and left her without saying goodbye.

A/N:

I'm sorry for the big jump on timeline but I had to follow the canon to connect the story for the reader request I received and for the canon ages of characters to be included. I hope you still enjoyed and thank you for your support.