49

April 11th
Sunday
8:15 am

Reader Pov

"No, I changed my mind." Silva met my confused eyes and broke the connection a second later as if he got burned at contact. He immediately left the dining room and walked away like a boss.

"Silva honey why don't you join me for breakfast?" Kikyo spoke sweetly but it looks like Silva didn't get to hear it before he shut the door close.

I almost choked on the water I drank prior because I suppressed a laugh. It wasn't intentional but it felt so satisfyingly good.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Sorry. I just witnessed a murdęr so I can't help it." I hid my smile by biting the apple pie Tsubone made especially for me. The bandages have been hiding her expressions ever since I came here but this time, Kikyo's aura couldn't.

"You bįtch! Why did you even came back here?!" She slammed her palms over the table and caused the liquids surge to her children's glasses, nearly spilling them on the white lace linen table cloth.

"The very reason why I came here in the first place." I ignored her outburst and drank the rest of my clear water.

"What if I tell you that your own daughter doesn't need you anymore?" Kikyo taunted me; at least that's what I thought until I looked at her and saw Sylvia—still dressed in her cotton pajamas—standing on her right side, comfortable with Kikyo's arm sitting over her shoulder. "Will you finally leave the house?"

"Sylvia... is that true...?" I asked even though I know it's all Kikyo's words to save her pride.

"Yes. Please go home."

I doubted my own ears for a second and approached her to confirm if she was my real daughter and indeed she is.

"Why baby? Is there a problem?" I held her cheeks and made her look into my eyes.

"Nothing. Mrs. Kikyo treated me well ever since you left me alone."

My eyes widened at her. I can feel the pain in her gaze and I thought a hug could make her feel better. However, I was wrong and she blocked me from doing it.

"I'm so sorry Sylvia, I wanted to train to be able to stabilize my right to be by your side so I had to work hard to stop the guard dog from attacking me constantly."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I... had no chance to—"

"I know." She said and sent me a hollow gaze, "it's alright. You can go home now."

I was lost for words. I ran my eyes around and caught Tsubone's gesture for me to follow her out of the room. My heart sunk at my own daughter's cold stare and it hurt me more than anything else.

"Sylvia I'm sorry—"

"Ms. (Y/N)!" Tsubone called me on a very strict manner and everyone turned their heads on her. She smiled sweetly and apologized to the only silver-haired child at the room. "Forgive my tone Lady Sylvia. Please eat your breakfast and let me talk to your mom."

Tsubone grabbed me by the arm and forcefully lead me to the library near the living room, then shut the door firmly.

"Ms. (Y/N), I suggest for you to stay but keep out of Lady Sylvia's line of vision." She sighed at my frowning expression. Tsubone suddenly held my hands and explained herself. "If you want to protect her but keep the girl from getting distracted by your overprotectiveness as a mother, you will have to bear it for her sake."

I actually understand what she was trying to say, however, I got confused when she slipped a piece of paper into my palm as sneakily as possible as if we're not alone in the empty room.

"Please leave as soon as possible. I've already told the gatekeepers to build you a home of your own if you're uncomfortable with sharing a room with men." She added and left the room after I thanked Tsubone for her efforts.

I wanted to say goodbye to my daughter but I had no choice because she might lose her appetite from a potential argument and I don't want her to get sick.

However, there's no way I'm going to give up on her especially when Kikyo is involved. Who knows what she told her while I was away and I intend to know.

But for now, I went on my way back to the gates. As I was walking, I remembered the note Tsubone gave to me in secret and read what she has to say in private.

Never leave your child alone before it's too late. She is now the only heir of the Zoldycks since her one and only brother Killua has left for who knows how long. It's the reason why Master Illumi is sent to bring him back because apart from him, no one else was a real Zoldyck. Please save our Master that has been manipulated for years by his own father and trusted butler.

 Please save our Master that has been manipulated for years by his own father and trusted butler