Chapter 17: Class 1-A's fun day out!

The following day after the final practical exam:

"I'm not going to get to go to camp because I failed." Mina complains as we all sit in our homeroom class. The students who failed start to chime in and express their disappointment.

"Everyone gets to go to camp." Aizawa grumbles hearing the failed students cries, as  he enters our classroom. I finish pulling my blonde hair into a ponytail.

"Oh Aizawa you're our classes saviour." I sarcastically swoon and he glares at me as everyone snickers.

"Bakugo it's Mr Aizawa." He starts on me but before he could lecture I butt in.

"Aizawa it's Kaneko, I thought we established that Bakugo is what my brother goes by." and once again the class erupts into a fit of giggles. He ignores my cheeky antics and continues.

"Oh and also to the five who failed... we've prepared extra lessons." The rooms cheerful atmosphere dies instantly. We get to work.

Class finally ends and we all glance over the travel brochure looking at all the stuff we need to bring with us. Oh shit I really need to go shopping. I pack up and walk over to my brother.

"Hmm, I'm missing so much stuff." Uraraka mumbles and people start to chat about how much they need to go buy stuff.

"Hey guys. Wanna maybe meet as a class and go shopping?" Hakagure excitedly asks turning around.

"Yeah okay that sounds so fun!" Yao-Momo chimes in.

"YEAH!" Kaminari shouts.

"Bakugo twins see you there?" Kirishima asks as Katsuki and I head for the door.

"Yeah I guess I could show face." Smiling I turn towards Kirishima.

"I couldn't think of anything more annoying." Katsuki grumbles and walks out of the class.

"I'll try." I mumble and as I wander out, I hear Midoryia ask Todoroki if he's going too.

"No sorry I visit my Mum on days off." My heart stings a tad as I remember Rei Todoroki's smiling but sunken face.

"Party poopers!" Mineta groans and I rush off after my brother. I don't get far down the hallway before;

"Kaneko wait." I hear a soft voice call my name, I whirl round and spot Todoroki strolling towards me.

"What..." I mumble gripping my bag tighter in embarrassment not meeting his eyes.

"Are we.. cool?"

A shocked look appears on my face as I finally meet his gaze. My heart melts as I look into his eyes and I can't stay mad.

"Yeah sure," I smile softly a ghost of a grin appears on his handsome face. I realise Katsuki must be waiting and I rush off leaving him there with the comfort of us being okay again.

"I'm sorry I tried." I stand, in a pair of black jeans and a casual graphic tee. My long hair falling down my back as I left it down for once and any small parts of skin exposed wrapped in my bandages, explaining to a disappointed Kirishima that I couldn't get Katsuki to come.

"If you don't get out of my room I'll blast you to space Kaneko!" I imitate his vicious words. Kirishima laughs.

"Kan could you turn your flames down for a second." He asks me scratching his head embarrassed.

"Sure..." I trail off, focusing hard I dim them down. "There." I then smile.

Kirishima swings his arm around my shoulders and we walk into the mall.