"Happy Never After"

Start from the beginning

I know what you're thinking, this unhappy bitch has a wonderful guy back in Seattle who's so obviously perfect for her.

And you're right, i do. But i don't want perfect, there's no such thing as perfect. There is the imperfectly scarred people and the imperfectly perfect people. And Nathan is both. He's imperfectly perfectly scarred, that makes no sense but it does to me.

He's not your poster boy, the guy every parent hopes their daughter will marry, he's the kind of guy not every girl would see a future with, but only the girls who stick around long enough to see the real Nathan. The Nathan i know.

Does this Danielle chick even know know Nathan the way i do?

"You're thinking hard, sweetpea" i jump at the sudden voice beside me, i turn my head to meet his gaze. He has a soft smile on his face, his arms rested on the railing, eyes trained on the skyline.

There's very minimal amounts of sun rays peaking through the clouds, but they strike his face in all the right directions, casting an angelic glow on his rough features.

His eyes are a brighter puddle of green in the sun, the colour is so peaceful in contrast to his mind going 1 million miles a minute, his eyes tired. "I'm not.. a-and don't call me that" i lie, turning to face the skyline to avoid staring at him any longer. Its harder to talk to him when his beauty is so captivating.

From the corner of my eye i see his lips curl into a smirk "Sure you aren't" he completely ignores my request, or command, i'm not sure how i meant it. Then again i didn't mean it when i told him to stop calling me that either.

"Why are you here?" I ask softly, its silent for a few moments as he stares out into the world. He sighs "Same reason you are"

I cock a brow "How do you know why i'm out here?" I ask, confused. "For starters, you look like you need to breathe before you turn blue in the face" he comments. "And second of all, you're tense, i can tell by the way you stand, shoulders stiff, breathing shallow..." he trails off, finally looking at me.

His eyes burn holes into the side of my cheek. Don't look at him. His eyes have always been a weakness of mine, when i looked into them it felt as if his emotions were pouring into my own soul. It was an overwhelming feeling, it still is.

"Look at me.." he asks, his voice soothing. His eyes trained on my face.

Don't.

"Please..." he whispers. I curse under my breath "i can't.." i mumble, sucking in all the emotions that are now spilling out the sides. He moves closer "Please, Anastasia" he pleads. As i turn to meet his gaze, his stormy eyes search my face.

"I mi-" i cover his mouth quickly, before he can speak any further. "Don't. Just.. don't" i look away, anywhere but at his face. He slips his fingers around my wrist, tugging it away from his face gently. "Why not? Is it going to hurt to hear?" I can hear the suppressed anger in his voice, his grip on mg wrist tightens a little. My body shivers, and its not because i'm cold.

"Nathan let go..." i whisper, stubbornly avoiding his eyes. But he doesn't budge "Tell me Anna, why..." he trails off, like he can't finish the sentence.

Thank god, because i can't hear it. Its too much to take in for one day, i can't handle it. Not now, not today.

"Nathan please, not today" I hate that i can't keep my composure around him, i can pretend with everyone but him.