13

"I love summer," Zain sighs, stretching slightly and turning onto his stomach. "And I love being on holiday, dunno why I've never been. It's great."

"Cause you're broke," Gemma says mercilessly, liberally rubbing sunscreen onto her skin. "It's a good thing my brother is a rich fuck or otherwise you'd never know."

"I like your confidence in my future income," Zain says sarcastically. "I hope I'll make enough money to afford a holiday."

"Nah," Gemma says. "Not as a teacher. And you'll spend all of it on buying a house and other boring stuff. You'll go on holiday to like, Cornwall or something with your three kids and your wife."

"Wow, that sounds exciting. Thanks," Zain deadpans. "What a life. And you'll mooch off your brother?"

"Course," Gemma grins, poking Zain's thigh with her toe. "It's what little brothers are for. Can you do my back? I don't wanna end up like a lobster."

"Don't make me move," Zain says. "Ask your little brother. I hear that's what they're for."

"Lazy," Gemma says. "Where is Harry anyways? I haven't seen him since breakfast."

"Dunno," Zain yawns, scratching his stubble. He has only seen him at breakfast as well and it's not that he's exactly disappointed that there hadn't been another offer of sex but it would have made the holiday even nicer.

"Well, as the next best thing you'll have to do my back," Gemma says, sitting on Zain's back.

Zain groans in annoyance. "You're heavy," he complains. "And how am I supposed to do your back like this?"

"So you'll do it?" Gemma grins, kissing his cheek. "Thank you, boo."

"Get off me," Zain complains, sitting up when Gemma settles down at the edge of his lawn chair with her back to him.

"We should do some sight seeing tomorrow. We could drive to Nice, see the city," Gemma says, holding her hair up.

"If you wanna," Zain says. "I promised a postcard to mum actually, so that'd be good."

"Mummy's boy," Gemma says.

"So?" Zain grins, reaching around her to wipe his oily hands on her belly. "I hate sunscreen."

"You're fussy," Gemma says, getting up. "Thank you still," she says, settling back into her chair.

"Hey you two," Harry says, not looking up from his phone as he walks out of the house. He's only wearing swimming shorts and flipflops and his hair looks like it hasn't seen a brush in ages.

"Where have you been?" Gemma asks. "Did you go back to bed after breakfast."

"Made a call and then fell asleep," Harry shrugs. "Are you swimming?"

"Zain doesn't know how," Gemma says gleefully.

"Really?" Harry asks, dropping his phone onto the chair next to Zain and pushing his sunglasses down to look at Zain.

Zain shrugs. "Never had a reason to learn," he says. "Still don't actually."

"But swimming is so nice," Harry says. "It's my favourite type of exercise."

"Bold of you to assume I exercise," Zain says, grinning up at Harry. He's glad he's wearing his sunglasses so he can appreciate Harry's naked torso and legs without Gemma seeing.

"He smokes too much so he's gotta save his breath for fucking his way through Manchester," Gemma says.

"Thanks for that, Gemma," Zain says. "You're so very nice again today. Go take a swim or something."

"And here I thought you only called me a slut," Harry says with a grin. "I'm hurt, Gems, I thought I was special."

"I didn't call Zain a slut," Gemma laughs. "You did. And I will take a swim, Zain, and it's got nothing to do with you."

"Sure," Zain says, surprised that Harry settles into the lounge chair next to Zain instead of joining Gemma in the water.

"Sorry," Harry says with a grimace. "Gemma brings out the worst in me."

"s fine," Zain shrugs, flashing Harry a reassuring smile. "I know how that is."

"So, if you want," Harry says slowly, shooting a look in the direction of the pool where Gemma is splashing around. "we could have sex later. Like, so you can get your exercise."

Zain snorts. "Oh no, sorry," he adds when Harry blushes and turns away abruptly. "Definitely yes to the sex. That was just the most awkward comeon ever, aren't you supposed to be smooth?"

"I'm Gemma's brother, what do you think?" Harry says, recovering and shooting a grin at Zain.

"I think she can never know because she will never forgive either of us," Zain says.

"I won't tell," Harry says. "And now I'm gonna try and drown her, you sure you don't wanna swim? The shallow end is not that deep."

"I'm fine. Maybe some other time," Zain shrugs. "Have fun."

"Oh, I will," Harry grins and drops the sunglasses on the ground under the lounge chair and jogs towards the pool, jumping in with a yell.

Zain watches them splash water and try to kill each other for a moment before closing his eyes and soaking up the sun. He never misses the sun until he can spent some time just lying around and appreciating he warmth and it has been too long again.

💟

I have decided that this Harry is really awkward but also very direct and I'm experiencing second hand embarrassment form it 🤦🏻‍♀️