7

beware of the smut

💟

"Dead," Zain groans, slumping back on the deckchair they probably need to put away as well.

Harry falls to the ground dramatically, pushing his hair from his forehead and kicking his trainers off. "So dead," he agrees, lifting the shirt from his skin and fanning it in a futile attempt to cool himself down.

"Why don't you take a shower if we want to show Zain around before dinner," Anne says, coming out of the house and putting her hands on her hips.

"Can't move," Harry complains, rolling onto his front. "Zain doesn't need to see anything, Zain's dead as well."

"Don't be dramatic, baby," Anne sighs. "Zain, you can take the shower in the guest room, I put fresh towels on your bed."

"Thank you," Zain smiles, forcing himself to get up even though he very much feels like following Harry's lead. "A shower sounds great."

Anne smiles at him as he passes her, patting his shoulder gingerly and probably regretting it the second her hand touches his  sweaty t-shirt. "Harry!" she says, walking over to where he is still lying in the grass. "get up!"

Zain closes the terrace door, drowning out Harry's pitiful protests. A shower sounds heavenly, though he would be fine with lying down and not moving for the rest of the day after, instead of looking at the town. Maybe he'll get lucky and Harry will manage to convince his mum, though it doesn't feel like it at all.

💟

"So," Harry says, leaning into Zain to look at his menu. "On a scale of 1 to 10, how awkward is to that your best friend left you with her brother and parents?"

"5," Zain says. "Moving up to 7 because her brother doesn't know what personal space is," he grins, tickling his fingers over Harry's cheek in an attempt to get him to move back slightly. "What are you having, nosy?"

"Ratatouille," Harry shrugs, leaning further in - just to be obnoxious if he is anything like Gemma. "Trying to eat vegetarian."

"Good luck with that," Zain says. He's never had French food, he doesn't think, and he has no clue what he'd even like. It's also all fairly expensive, but he doesn't want to be too obvious about choosing the cheapest option.

"Tartes are nice," Harry says, leaning back into Zain and pointing at the menu. "Tarte flambée is kinda like pizza. They have a vegetarian option so it hasn't got bacon." 

"Thanks," Zain says. "I'll be giving that a try, then." He's not sure how crème fraîche will work on a pizza but it's not too pricey either and bread-like things were usually palatable.

"So, Zain," Anne asks, smiling at him and leaning forward like she too is trying to get closer to him. "You'll be starting your postgrad studies after this summer as well, won't you?" It seems to be a family trait that has passed Gemma by. At least, when it came to strangers. "Any special plans for your last year?"

"Not really," Zain shrugs, abruptly reminded why he hates being the centre of attention. There is just not much to say. "I'll see what happens and school'll be work."

"You'll do fine. Gemma always say you do well," Anne reassures him. At least she seems to realise that Zain isn't a big talker - Gemma probably mentioned that as well -  and turns to smile at Harry. "Baby, are you sure you can't stay longer?"

💟

"Did you have a good time, Zain?" Anne asks, cupping his cheek and smiling at him.