The Aftershock

To Lancaster: Can't you stop asking already? Can you just be happy and thank me? Cause honestly, you are annoying me.

To Anderson: Well, I am sorry for asking. I think it makes me evil asking 'how did my best friend knew about my birthday when no one dared to tell him?'.

To Lancaster: No, I didn't say you're evil. You know what? Can you accepted the fact that I am JAMES ANDERSON, and I know everything?

To Anderson: Well, sorry if I don't. Anyway, why bother texting me if I annoyed you a lot?

To Lancaster: I didn't mean it that way. Sorry.

To Anderson: Goodbye. Thanks for calling me annoying anyway. It doesn't hurt, a lot.

To Lancaster: Hey, don't take it seriously. I said I'm sorry already.

To Lancaster: Still there?

To Lancaster: Are you abducted by aliens already?

Anderson calling (Ignore)

To Lancaster: You can't do that.

Well I guess I can. I turn my phone off after our nonsense argument. I guess asking makes a person evil now so I'd better drop this stupid argument.

I forgot something? Yeah, this what happened when I asked him how he knows my birthday. That question ruined everything and we are not in a good state right now. I am so pissed that I throw my phone in the corner of my room still playing my ringtone. And I end up closing my eyes feeling pain and I don't know why.

It is Monday morning and I made my usual routine but not the same time. I went downstairs only to find my Grandma shocked.

"You get up early?" I know she was going to asked this question and I am ready.

"I need to finish my homework in the library and it was for my first class." I eat my breakfast as fast as I can and fix myself. "Bye Grandma, I have to go." I kissed her on her check. But this doesn't make her stop asking. "You're not waiting for James?" trust me when I tell you she is getting suspicios, and she is getting to the point of knowing what happened. "I can't, I already told him so he won't bother to passed by." I smiled and bid her my goodbye.

When I got to school, I went to straight the registrar to change my schedules. I can't end this day as what it must me if I see him and I know he is too, so I am making him a favor.

The day ends so fast without him. I can honestly say it was way too boring without him. But what can I do? I just the right thing, right?

I went home and went straight to my room when I heard grandma knocking my door.

"What?" I asked as I opened the door.

"James is here and he wanna talk to you." why bother going here Anderson? After what he said? He was supposed to stay away from me? I'm annoying him, right?

"Tell him I am asleep, that I got too tired and you just can't wake me up." I closed my door and drop myself to my bed.

After thirty minutes I decided to go downstairs. I bet he's gone.

"He's gone?" my grandma ignored me and I kniw what that means, positive.

"You owe me for lying me and making me lie to him Chanel. You told me he knew that you are going earlier for school but he passed by surprised that you weren't here. And now you made me lie to him. In fact, he didn't see you in your subjects. What's happening?" too many questions. Can't she asked me one at a time?

"First, I changed my schedules so he didn't see me. Second, is it my fault he was too dense? Third, I am doing him a favor cause he told I'm annoying so I'm kerping my distance. Laslty, we're not in a good state just because he won't answer why he knew my bithday." is that fine? Does she heard it? Or I need to say it again, slowly.

"You don't end up your friendship just because of that little fight Chanel." I am expecting that for her to say it already.

"Well, I'm not planning to do this forever grandma. I just wanna give him that space cause I am way too close for him and I don't even know that I am torturing him." that's what I have to say, "Now if you don't have to say anything, can I back to my room now? Cause I am not in a mood of eating right now.

I went my bed and open my account. And I was about to close it when I recieve and email.

From Anderson: Hey dude, I missed you at your house today and you're not in our classes . What happened? Is something wrong?

I was about to answer but I stop my urge to chat back. Pride. I can't tolerate what he had said. He didn't know what happened? He said I'm annoying. That's what happened. It may not be a big deal but it hurts, a lot. I closed signed out went to sleep.

From Anderson: Did you read my email a while ago? Something to say?

Oh God, can he stop texting already. I don't know where this is going to take me.

Anderson calling (Ignored)

I mean stop texting and calling. It's so hard to fight my urge and just answer him already. He just had this effect on me that I couldn't get angry to him anymore.

From Anderson: Please answer my call dude. If you don't want to talk then I'll do, just answer. Please.

Anderson calling (Answer)

Did I just answer his call? No getying  back now, I covered my mouth.

"Finally. Hey dude." I can hear his voice and I know for once he is sad. I wanna say 'Hi' but I just can't.

"This silence is defeaning." hell I know Anderson.

"I just wanna say I'm sorry. I am a jerk, you're not annoying, I take it back. I just can't handle not seeing you for a long period of time. It was only one day but it felt like years. I missed you dude. I really do. Please, speak." I can feel the pain inside of me. I let my tears shred down my cheeks. I really wanna say a word, but there was something holding me back. "Good night." is the only thing I could say. That ended our conversation. Even if he only did the talking.

I am sorry Anderson. I'm sorry dude. We'll make up of this mess. This not going to be our end. It was just an aftershock.