Thunderstorm

"See you guys in the next one, thanks for watching." Alex turns off the camera with a sigh. They've just finished recording another exercise video.
"Anddd that's enough fitness for today." He smiles over at George.
"Nice, what're you calling this one?"
"No idea, 'The Strangest Fitness Influencer part 2?'"

George nods in response, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.
"Want on-" before he can finish the question, he notices Alex's eyes shift from behind him in the mirror.

"Did you just check me out?" George smirks, eyes flicking towards his roommate on the sofa.
"N-no!" He stutters, an intense blush clouding his cheeks.
He wanders over with a laugh.
"You sure about that?"
"Yes, I wa-the PlayStation." He fumbles around for the correct choice of words.
"Right." George giggles, finding the whole situation rather amusing.

Alex groans, not making any eye contact.
"I'm only messing, you know that right?" George appears concerned.
"Yeah of course." He breathes, unsure of how to position himself.

A few moments pass and the pair are sat playing Lego Star Wars however Alex is growing agitated, George's comment messing with his head.

"I'm going out." He announces suddenly.
"What? Where?"
"Just..out." He falters.
The truth is, he doesn't know where, he just needs to get away, the atmosphere all too much for him to handle.

"Right now?"
There's silence as Alex puts his shoes on, not bothering with a hoodie.
"I'll see you later." He states, opening the door.
"Won't you be col-" George shouts after him but the door slams shut as he speaks.

Alex hurries down the road, desperate to escape what awkwardness was floating around the apartment.

He knows it's rude but he can't help it.
He can't answer George right now.
He needs to get away.

Alex diverts through an alleyway, sitting crosslegged on a grass field behind.
Minutes pass as he watches the ongoing traffic, not entirely sure what to do.

Just then his phone pings and guilt bubbles from within him when he sees who it is.

George🕶
Al, you ok? x

He decides to wait a while before typing a reply.
He feels bad about leaving him in the dark but what he needs right now is space.

Circling around London at night definitely isn't the safest idea but there's nowhere else to go and he doesn't exactly want to go home.

Meanwhile George is starting to panic.
It's getting late, the sky painted a stark black. Alex clearly had a reason for leaving, he just can't pin point what that was.

Stumbling around full of thought, Alex let's the cold breeze hit him, clearing his head a little.
Staring up at the trees, he takes a seat, he's been walking for miles, exhaustion taking over.

As the night draws to a close, he still feels hot and overwhelmed.
He reaches into his pocket knowing he owes George some kind of explanation.

Turning the brightness up, he stares at the screen, sat there unopened, is another message.

George🕶
Did I do something?

Alex feels terrible. He's ignored him twice now.
Reluctant as he is, he responds. Not wanting to worry his friend.

George bites his lip aggressively, starting to feel as if he'd come on too strong earlier.
Had what he'd said made Alex uncomfortable?

I'm fine, sorry mate x