Announcement~Pt.1

It's nearly morning and Alex has only just fallen asleep.
His legs are tangled around George's waist, arms folded and hands skimming through the other's hair.

They're huddled together on the sofa, George's eyes drooping as he drapes his legs over Alex's sleepy frame.

They're both so cosy, content in each other's arms. Alex's presence comforts George in ways inexplicable.
He feels safe beside him, protected in the bubble of his familiar scent.

Alex twitches in his embrace, looking up at the clock. George lifts his arms away, earning a soft whine,
"Mhm." He grabs drowsily at the figure above him.
"Babe." George whispers, "we need to get up."
Alex let's out an agitated groan, "But I've barely slept."
George pouts over at him,
"I know." He sighs, "but it's a long journey, why don't you sleep on me in the car?" He offers.
Alex nods at this, heading downstairs to get changed.

George is ready long before him, he's clad in all black as usual and smells strongly of aftershave.

The tired male eventually returns to the lounge, snug in white jeans and a hot pink 'Internet Sensation' hoodie.
Alex glances over at George who's sat by the counter preparing his video.

He muffles his face in his hair, enveloping him from behind.

"You smell good." He remarks, burying his face even deeper.
George blushes, "I love your hugs."
"Good job I like hugging you then." Alex grins.
"Now come on, we'll be late."

George opens his backpack, remembering to bring his mask and follows Alex into the Uber.

Not long into the ride, it starts to rain.
Alex grows restless, leaning into George again.
He adjusts himself under the seatbelt, making it easier to get comfortable.
"I'll try to stay awake but no promises." Alex giggles.

Two hours into the trip, George begins to drift off as well, engulfing deeper into his embrace.

They hit a speed bump a few minutes later, waking the pair on instance.
"Nearly there Al." George yawns.
"Hm." He nuzzles further into his boyfriend, "How are you feeling?"

They're telling the others today and Alex can't help but feel slightly on edge.

Obviously he knows they'll be fine with it, these are their best friends and the majority have shipped them for ages anyway.
He just hopes George being bi won't come as a huge surprise, aware that if they're over the top, it'll overwhelm him.

George just shakes his head, "yeah I'm okay, a little bit anxious but we move. What about you?"
"Good." He smiles, squeezing his hand. "I'm alright I guess, it's just unnerving not knowing what to expect."
George nods in response, staring at the raindrops lining the window.

No one speaks for a while afterwards, up until George starts to panic.

"Alex?" His breathing stiffens, "what if they don't accept us?" A look of dread coats his face.

"They will." Alex hugs him tighter, "I promise."
"How are you so sure?"
"Because they're our friends George, if they accepted me coming out, they'll accept me having a boyfriend."

He speaks again as if reading his mind, "just because that person is you, doesn't change anything." He assures, moving even closer.
"And if it does?"
"Well then you have me."

George smiles at this.
Alex is right, everything is going to be fine.
Because even if everyone rejects him- whether that be his sexuality or new found relationship with their friend- he will always have Alex and that's all he really needs.