(21) Few More Fights

Start from the beginning

'What's he trying to do? I know he wants to win but if he keeps this up, then-'

My thoughts were cut off as I hear Deku scream something to Todoroki.

"It's your power! Your power, not his!!"

I smiled a little, despite myself and the situation. 'Maybe he wouldn't win the battle, but he'd definitely helped Todoroki, one way or another,' I note as a bright flare lights up the arena, the heat melting the ice on the dual-haired boy's right side.

Todoroki seemed to be back to normal, his shivering gone. Deku was smiling, and although the scene may have seemed strange to close up bystanders, I understood. I knew Deku well enough by now that he'd do anything and everything to try and help out wherever and whenever he could.

I hear a familiar shout from the other side of the stadium, booming.

'Endeavour.' My eyes narrowed slightly at the sight of the man. I've never particularly liked nor disliked him, considering the fact I didn't really enjoy judging people before an initial meeting. However, I knew Todoroki well enough at this point to know that he wouldn't have lied about what he'd told Deku earlier. I still wouldn't say I hated him, as I still hadn't met him in person yet. That is to say, he didn't make an all too good of an impression on me based off of his own son's remarks.

Todoroki just ignored him, as he sends a fireball at Deku. The greenette in turn gets prepared for a full arm smash with his already broken fingers.

'What're you doing, Deku?!'

Just before they set off their attacks, Midnight order Cementoss to stop them, as they'd probably end up seriously injuring each other if things progressed any further. He gave a slight nod and created at least half a dozen thick, cement walls between the two boys. Their attacks however, were so powerful that it broke each and every wall, although not before gradually getting weaker by the time it had reached their opponent.

Dust had clouded the stadium once again, however this time the sheer amount was much larger. When it finally cleared, I could see Todoroki and Deku standing facing each other, however not for long before the latter slumped over, unconscious.

"Izuku Midoriya has been knocked out. Shoto Todoroki is the winner!" Midnight exclaimed.

I really wanted to go visit him like I did with Uraraka, but knowing that my match was up next stopped me. I made my way down to the waiting room I was assigned, trying to think about ideas to defeat Iida despite the worry floating around my head.

"Iida's quirk is engine, which helps him speed the movements of his legs greatly," I mumbled to myself. "If I'm too slow, he'll drag me off the stage in an instant, so I should probably use Yellow Flame to try and match his speed somewhat... I could try creating another Purple Flame sphere and expand it, but the larger it gets the more it'll drain me. And if he somehow managed to evade it, I'd be completely spent."

"Ah!" I thought, mentally face palming as an idea popped into my head.

All too fast, I was called back into the arena. Mic re-introduced us as I sent Iida a small smile.

"Good luck!" I exclaimed as we prepared for the countdown.

"3..2..1.. and the 10th round has begun!"

I glowed up my legs, running away just in the nick of time as I look back to see Iida swing his leg where I'd been standing earlier.

'Wow.. I knew he was fast but this is definitely more than I expected.' My excitement for the match grew, only adding to the reservoir of energy I was constantly drawing upon by keeping my quirk on.