(17) Slumber

(Flashback)

(Third Person)

"Y/N!!" Kirishima yelled, running over to the unconscious girl. She was limp and there was so much blood around her that she looked.. dead.

All Might rushed over as well, holding her body gently. 'So she's the one who did it..'

Not long after, the other 2 boys had mostly recovered from their shock, making their way over. Her arms had minor burns on them from using White Flame. She was covered in dirt and grime, but the scariest thing was the two long cuts on her back, where the blood had been spilling out. Midoriya was also unconscious, however in a much more stable position than the girl, despite one of his arms being broken.

None of them knew what to do. No one present but her had any sort of healing quirk, but she was unconscious. Todoroki stepped in and checked for her pulse.

'It's really weak.. but it's there," he announced to the group quietly.

Soon enough, the heroe reinforcements who had arrived earlier made their way down.

'Oh shoot.. my time is going to run out soon.. I don't want to leave, but I don't have a choice. I'm sorry, young Y/N,' thought All Might, as he looked at her sadly.

"Students, please keep an eye out for young Y/N here. I need to go check on Aizawa and Thirteen." All they did was nod, staring at the limp girl who'd now been transferred into Todoroki's arms.

"I can't believe she did that.." Kirishima whispered. "She barely had any strength left but still managed to set that Nomu thing's head only fire."

Bakugou wouldn't ever admit he was jealous of Todoroki, even if he wanted to be the one holding her close. He pushed those feelings aside, however, after glancing at her again.

Help came fast. Midnight came by with the stretchers and loaded Midoriya on to one of them before turning to the small crowd of boys.

"Are any of you injured, or-" she stopped in her tracks, seeing Y/N in the dual-haired boy's arms. Typically she would've squealed, but her worry for the petite girl drowned out any urge for that.

After carefully loading her on to the stretcher, Midnight turned around to face the boys. "You should go meet up with the rest of your class. She'll be fine." No one could tell if she was saying that to reassure them, or herself. She wasn't acting like her normal flirty self either, as the concern Midnight felt only grew with each glance she took at the unconscious girl.

The three boys watched as their classmate was pulled away, and eventually was out of sight before they began walking up to the entrance. Nobody said anything, as they were all too preoccupied with their own thoughts.

'She's so manly.. but now she's hurt. What if there was something I could've done to help? D*mnit! How can I call myself a man if I let that happen?!" Guilt flooded through Kirishima, not too different from how he was feeling earlier when she was in the sky.

'All she really wanted to do was help. Her flames aren't just beautiful.. they're powerful too. How am I supposed to become a hero if I couldn't even save her?' Todoroki kept his outwardly calm demeanour, but had a sinking feeling in his chest as he continued walking.

"That d*mned stupid nerd.. not even thinking before jumping in to help. If I wasn't so slow then maybe..' Bakugou was unintentionally beating himself up on the inside, even if he'd never ever admit to even himself that he'd cared for her.

'But now she's gone' they thought in unison.

Emergency Room

The space was a mess. Recovery Girl determined that Y/N's body was far too weak to handle her quirk in that state she was in, so they'd have to do things the old fashioned way. Which mean a significantly slower process