(5) The Beginning

Y/N

'Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot I'M GONNA BE LATE' was all I could think as I sprinted down the stairs.

"Bye-love-you-dad-thanks-I-gotta-go-bye-again!!" I managed to push out before grabbing some toast & water and sprinting out the door.

'This girl..' he thought. 'She is aware the test doesn't start for another 3 hours, right?'

In the last few years I've lived with him, he honestly hasn't changed much. Still lazy as ever. I, on the other hand, as much as I wanted to sleep in, also wanted to do some last minute training and revision for the test. I put a little energy into my legs and began sprinting until I reached the little hill on the edge of Musutafu.

'Hmm.. I've gotten pretty good at putting fire in most of my limbs, but I should probably practice it on my wings a bit more' I thought, before concentrating. 'Let's try.. blue! I should probably try to keep a clear head before the test anyway.

Whoosh. I looked behind me, and voila! My wings are back~ Now I just gotta.. set them on fire. -_- No, not literally.

Yep, that's my quirk alright. It's quite.. complicated? I guess weird would be the better word. Basically, I have these flames! They can do different stuff and whatnot, and I can put the energies from my flames into my limbs. Which just happens to include a pair of relatively heavy wings that appear on my back whenever I need them.

A faint electrical buzzing noise surrounds me as my wings fade from their iridescent white form, into a sky blue colour.

'I won't be able to go super fast.. but I can keep going for pretty long in this form.' I say to myself, before flying up and beginning my in-flight training. I haven't mastered it yet, but I'm learning to use my powered-up wings, and regular flames at the same time. I remembered the first time I tried doing it...

(Flashback)

I was training my wings with Uncle Toshi again, and he suggested I try using the two separate aspects of my quirk at the same time. So I did!

..boy, did I look stupid. When I first tried it out, it turned out I was using too much energy, between what was powering up my wings and the sparks I was trying to create in my hands.

As a result, I got dehydrated, started choking and my wings disappeared because I was too tired to keep them out. Well that was nice. It took my months to distinguish each of the different flames, and more on top of that before I could use them on command like second nature.

Also, the first time I tried powering up my wings, it was bad. Really, really bad. I still wasn't used to the flames at the time and well.. it kind of looked like someone had accidentally spilled pain over them? That was.. embarrassing, to say the least, considering how a bunch of my family had *happened* to be over at the time.

(Flashback End)

I kept my eyes closed, trying my best to focus until I heard a voice below me,

"Hey you! What're you doing up there?" I tilted my head down to see an indigo haired guy who'd been calling for me.

'He kind of reminds me of dad' I thought before feeling a clench in my heart. Dad. Papa. I miss him. I love my dad but I can't wonder what would happened to me if he hadn't died that night..

And before I realized it I was in his arms. The guy who was yelling at me earlier looked down at me like I was crazy. Maybe I was? I probably just fell about 30 metres or so from the sky without screaming.

"Are you okay?" He asks me before setting me down and looking away.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, I'm good! Thanks for catching me by the way~" I grin is, "I guess you're kind of like me hero now! Ah~ My name is Y/N L/N, but you can just call me Y/N, alright Mr. Hero?"