(4) 'Childhood' Part 2

Y/N

I kept waiting for the fall but it never came. Instead I could hear a gentle 'whoosh' beside me beside me, which left me wondering what in the world had happened. My back was cold! 'What in the world..?' I turned around to see Uncle Toshi staring at me, eyes wide. Well, staring at my back.

"What-?" I began, before having my breathe caught in my throat, seeing what was behind me. There were a pair of large, iridescent and white feathering wings spring out from my back. 'Huh??' Luckily we were on the very edge of the city on a little hill, so no one else had seen what happened. The wings on my back were flapping. On their own. On the down side, that seem to have accidentally ripped 2 relatively large holes in my top.

"Um.. do you think you can land?" He asks, startling me as I had almost forgotten he were there.

"I-I can try.. I think?" I stuttered, still in shock. I imagined flying with my wings and looked back down. 'Gently.. gentle now' I said in my head, trying to will myself not to drop my body. When my feet touch the ground I get this.. almost electrifying feeling coursing through my body, the urge to go back up again.

"Toshi.. can go up again?" I ask tentatively, awaiting the rejecting.

"As long as you hold my hand, I don't see the problem! I promise I won't let you go this time! Haha!!" He boomed, regaining his iconic(ish) cheerful manner.

And so we took off. Flying felt.. amazing. It was almost as natural for me as breathing was. After about an hour, I began to tire to we dove down to the little hill from earlier. By then I had already self taught myself how to flap, dive, glide, float and put my wings away.

"Wow.." I breathed out, mesmerized by the feeling of the wind in my feathers and hair, the coolness of it on my smooth skin.

"Feels nice, doesn't it?" He asked, obviously rhetorically.

"Mhm"

"..but you know we're going to have to tell Aizawa about this, right?" He cuts in as I groan at the thought of all the pestering I would get. Dad wasn't one to show emotions all too often, but he cared about me. So hearing that the number one hero nearly dropped me to my death... well, that wasn't something either of us present wanted.

..I was right. He was pissed. Mostly at Uncle Toshi, but I noticed he stopped his scolding for a moment to look back at me. "New development?" He questions, already knowing up the answer,

"Yep." I sighed before smacking my way to my room, not wanting to listen to the bickering on the other side of the wall for any longer.

Of course later on he took me to Nezu, who added wings endurance training to my list, as well as adding it to the things I could already do.

New Information - Age 12

It was another one of our typical training days. I was with Dad when he asked me a sudden question, "Do you think you could pull off that running thing again?"

I thought about it. Back then, he described me as glowing brightly, and I was also running pretty fast apparently. It felt like my legs were burning, but that may have just been form exhaustion. Maybe.. I held out my hand as a yellow flame popped into it.

"Please tell me you're joking. We went to visit him YESTERDAY." He emphasized, before groaning. "Well, let's see if you've got any more then. I am not doing this three times in the same week," he says before backing up slightly.