(9) Bonding

Warning : short chapter!

Y/N

Me and Uraraka were walking out of the school together at the end of the day, when we spotted a familiar blue headed boy chopping the air next to a greenette. Dragging me along as I chuckle, Uraraka exclaims, "Hey there! You two! You're.. Tenya Iida, and Deku Midoriya, right?"

"Indeed I am, you are Ochako Uraraka and Y/N L/N, correct?" Asks Iida, to which Uraraka and I nod.

"You can just call me Y/N though!"

"D-d-d-Deku?!?" Midoriya says, baffled.

"Yeah! That's what that Bakugou kid called you earlier, right?"

I knew his name was Izuku, so I was a literally surprised myself when I realized she was right.

"O-oh.. Deku is just what Kachaan calls me to make fun of me.." he trails off.

"I know your name is Izuku, but don't you think Deku kind of gives off a 'You can do this!' feeling?

"I think so too!" Uraraka agrees, as we both smile at him.

"Deku it is!!" He exclaims, his face suddenly exploding red again.

"Hey- didn't you just say that was an insult?" Iida asks, only to be completely drowned out (Sorry Iida!). We chatted about our quirks and a bunch of other random stuff until we reached to bus station, where we'd split up. Before that though, we exchanged phone numbers.

My house, or I guess my and my dad's house, wasn't too far away from to school. It was about a 5 minute walk, but since he'd told me earlier he had to stay a bit later to deal with some issues, I decided to take a detour to the nearby playground.

(Flashback)

"I'm gonna get you!" Yelled Midnight. She was kind of like an aunt to me, even if she acted more like an embarrassing older sister at times. (Oop she might be a bit ooc here, but that's only cause she acts like this around Y/N.. most of the time)

"Haha, no you aren't, I'm going to get away!" I tell her, before sprouting my wings and shooting up into the air. Temporarily forgetting about her on the ground, I take a second to view the scenery.

It was the afternoon and the sun was beginning to set. I looked back down at her after admiring to view to yell, "Will you catch me?"

Like always, she responds with an, "Of course hun!"

And with that I stop flapping my wings, leaving them extended horizontally as I slowly drift back down to earth like a leaf falling from a branch, into her arms.

(Flashback End)

I smile, remembering how warm and fun it felt whenever Midnight and Mic weren't super busy. Then I see a familiar messy head of indigo hair.

"Shinso, Hi!!" I exclaim, running over to him, joining him on the swings. "I haven't seen you since the day of the exam.. did you make it?"

He looks up at me, frowning slightly. "No.. I never told you about my quirk that day, did I?" He continues, after seeing me shake my head, "It's basically brainwashing. If someone answers a question from me I can make them do whatever I want.. so it wasn't exactly useful against those stupid hunks of metal. That's why I said people would always call me a villain."

I felt bad, remembering how badly he had seemed to want to join the hero course. "Maybe they're right and I can't be a hero after all," he mutters under his breath.

"No way! Just because you aren't in the hero course doesn't mean anything! You're always gonna be a hero in my eyes and nothing is going to change that. I *know* that you can become a hero. Don't listen to them!" I tell him, trying my best to sound reassuring.

I assume it worked, because he gave me a small smile before looking away, cheeks lightly flushed. 'Is there something wrong with me?' I questioned. 'People keep going pink when I'm around.. am I carrying an allergen or something?!' Quickly patting down my pockets, I ask Shinso, "Are you allergic to anything, Shinso?"

I was a little confused when he shook his head, but noticed that the sky was getting dark pretty fast. "Oh geez.. My dad is going to kill me for staying out so late." I mumble to myself, "Hey Shinso, I've gotta get home now! Do you wanna exchange numbers?"

"Yeah.. sure why not," he says, pulling out his phone. We quickly fill in each other's basic contact info before I sprint off.

"Text me, okay Shinso? Goodnight~!"

Today was kind of exhausting. I got to meet new people and I think I even made some friends, but right now I really want to sleep. I drag myself inside, ignoring Dad's questions as I plop onto the couch, passing out almost instantly.

But most of all, today was fun, for a first day, that is.

~August 28th, 2020~