(31) Contemplating Complications

A/N: Y'all I'm alive! I haven't updated in, what, half a year? Sorry about that! I swear I had plans to do this sooner but as it turns out I absolutely cannot manage school & writing at the same time. Mental health issues suck :( but I hope everyone who reads this is doing well! I won't lie, I'm kind of cringing at my writing even though it's only been a few months but... ah well I won't elaborate this note has been way too long anyway aha

Aizawa's POV

As Nezu explained the basis of the exams to the other teachers, I reviewed my students weaknesses and the pairings we'd chosen for their finals. For the most part, everyone had been paired up with someone else that made sense.

'However...'

Shoji and Y/N. Everyone else had a logical reasoning as to why they were paired up. Except for those two, who just happened to end up partners because everyone else was already paired up.

'Ideally, Y/N should be fighting All Might. Though she has impressive stamina, her quirk is draining. And while she could make for good support, brute strength is certainly not one of her strong suits.'

I sighed. 'On the other hand, Bakugou has issues with working with other people. I chose to pair him up with Midoriya because of their relationship. He obviously has a soft spot, but All Might should be able to test their abilities well. Perhaps if he proves able to work with Midoriya he might just...'

Then Nezu left the rest to me to explain. "First off, Todoroki who's doing well overall, depends for too much on brute force. Yaoyarozu on the other hand is an all-rounder, but lacks the ability to make quick and efficient decisions. I will be battling them so I can erase their quirks and reveal those weaknesses."

The rest of the teachers nodded along, comprehending the reasoning. "Next up is Midoriya and Bakugou. I didn't pair them up because grades or ability compatibility, but rather their relationship to each other. All Might, I know you favour Midoriya in some way but I expect you can fight them."

He nodded and replied with an obnoxiously booming voice. "Yes, of course."

I announced the rest of the teams before turning back to Nezu. "There's only one problem now."

"Oh, what might that be?"

"Y/N. As most of you may already be aware, her biggest weaknesses are extended battles and fighting against brute force. She has impressive stamina, but that was necessary given the nature of her quirk. Snipe, I still think you should fight against Shoji but if I'm being honest, having her fight All Might would have been most beneficial. Not to mention, he's probably the only one she hasn't fought before."

"I see, I see. You do have a point there. While Y/N is undoubtedly a very strong fighter, she also displayed intelligence during the sports festival in not using the extent of her abilities, relying on strategy. Her quirk is a physical manifestation of her 'energy', after all."

I grunted, "Yes, it's fundamentally similar to Yaoyarozu's quirk."

"Well, it's not as though we can make her fight twice, can we?" Midnight added.

"Theoretically, no, that wouldn't be fair. Taking into account multiple factors including the fact that her classmates wouldn't be doing two tests, it wouldn't be ideal. However, Aizawa has a point! Y/N does have a bit of an advantage, having fought with us in the past," Nezu chimed.

"Right. And it's not as if giving her a handicap would do any good either; Shoji would still require an evaluation with a prepared partner."

"Why don't we just have her take it twice with a classmate of her choosing, then?" Midnight added. "Knowing that Erasure raised her and all that, I'm sure they'd understand. Your class seems to absolutely adore her anyway."

I grumbled under my breath, recalling the few times I'd caught boys trying to flirt with her. "I still don't know how she does it, but she's oddly charming in that way, for better or for worse."

"So are we in agreement?" The principal asked politely. "Aizawa?"

"Yeah, yeah. She'll be tired after the first battle, but it's not like there's a better option."

And so ended the meeting.

A/N: Shorter than I intended but I figured it would be better than to mush the meeting and the beginning of the exam together. Have I said before that none of these are beta read?

~ August 4th, 2021 ~