♠♥♦♣ Home ♠♥♦♣

♠♥♦♣
Home
♠♥♦♣

January 16, 2009

It was finally Friday, the rest of the week had flown by with half of the school admiring Anastasia and Julian for resisting the Navito Curse from Mr. Argyris. She sighed in exasperation as she walked towards her car.

"Ana, wait up!"

Anastasia turned around to see Ariel Washington walking towards her. She tried to smile as the other girl came to a stop in front of her. Ariel tossed back her long, dark red curls and eyed Anastasia with her almond-shaped sea-green eyes.

"Hey. What are you doing this weekend?" she asked quite suddenly.

"Nothing, just hang out with my parents for the weekend," Anastasia answered the other girl, wondering why she was asking about her plans this weekend.

"Oh. That's cool. A couple of my friends and I are going to hang out at the boulevard to do some shopping this weekend. Would you like to come?" said Ariel.

She glanced over her shoulder toward her car. Anastasia followed her gaze and saw Belle Clark, Cinderella Morgan, and Elsa Meeks standing beside a cherry red BMW. The girls all smiled and waved at her.

Anastasia smiled and waved back at them reluctantly before turning back to face Ariel.

"I'll have to see what my parents had planned for the weekend, but if they haven't planned anything I'll call you," she said.

The girls exchanged numbers and the red-haired girl walked away towards her car. Anastasia turned and continued towards her own car. Julian appeared beside her out of nowhere. She glanced over and found him watching her curiously.

"Hello, Julian." she greeted him, turning her attention back to the parking lot, desperate to get home.

"Hello, Ana." he greeted her in reply in a silky tone.

Goosebumps flared across her skin at the way he said her name as a tingling sensation started from behind her navel and spread throughout her body. Anastasia felt the heat of a blush rising to her face as her eyes rose to meet him and found him watching her again, probably wondering at her flushed face.

"Are you going with them?" Julian asked suddenly.

Anastasia blinked at him, wondering how he could have known. And then it dawned on her suddenly; superhuman hearing.

"You were listening to our conversation." she accused him.

Julian grinned sheepishly at her and she stared back at him, suddenly bedazzled. Her heart rate sped up inside of her chest and Julian's grin widened as he stared at her.

"If you have to know I told them I might if my parents didn't have anything already planned," Anastasia said kind of breathlessly.

She kicked herself mentally. Damn his superhuman hearing! They both reached her car and she dug into her purse for the keys. Julian leaned casually against the driver's side door and ran his pale slender fingers through his untidy black hair. She unlocked the door and then turned towards him. Once again his gray eyes were trained on her.

"And if your parents don't have any plans?" he asked.

Anastasia shrugged her slender shoulders and stared at him, waiting for his reply. Julian sighed in exasperation.