♠♥♦♣ Julian Devereux ♠♥♦♣

♠♥♦♣
Julian Devereux
♠♥♦♣

Paris, France
05 January 1870

The day was radiant and promising as Julian Devereux sat out on the terrace of the only eatery located on the College de Paris campus, having lunch with a company of his personal friends. He leaned back in his chair and took notice of the distinctions between them all: Angelo Cross was the most flirtatious of the group. Angelo regarded the young women perched at most of the tables encircling them. A pair of freshmen girls glanced his way and he winked at them, ruffling his already untidy blonde hair. The girls turned away from him to giggle to one another.

Julian rolled his grey eyes as he shook his head at them. Women, he thought sarcastically to himself. Errol Moray was the big kid of the group. His onyx eyes lit up as the waitress deposited his dessert in front of him. He clapped his broad hands together in delight.

"Chocolate mousse!" he said excitedly. "My favorite!"

The waitress smiled at him warmly as she touched his broad shoulder gently. "I'm glad that you like it. I prepared it myself," she said brightly.

Errol turned his large, astonished eyes onto her. "You created this yourself?"

The waitress nodded her head as she smiled at him again. Errol lifted his eyes towards the sky as he initiated an invocation of gratitude.

"Thank you, God, for bringing-" he trailed off and turned to face the waitress. "What is your name, miss?"

"Blanche Delacroix." The waitress said uncertainly.

Errol nodded his head in acknowledgment of her words as he resumed his appreciation to God. "Thank you for bringing Blanche Delacroix into this realm and making it a better place, well, at least for me."

Angelo snickered quietly underneath his breath as Julian shook his head with empathy as Errol seized Blanche's hand in his and kissed her knuckles. The skin of her alabaster face reddened as she giggled nervously. Julian rolled his eyes again. And then there was Gareth Cuthbert. He was the most serious one out of the group.

He viewed both Errol and Angelo with a critical stare. "You do realize that there is more to life than just girls and sustenance," he said quietly.