♠♥♦♣ Revenge ♠♥♦♣

♠♥♦♣Revenge♠♥♦♣

♠♥♦♣
Revenge
♠♥♦♣

Anastasia's parents were standing near the fireplace when Roz walk into the library. The Duke Sevastian Romanov-Aristarkh paces in front of the fire, his ivory face serious with thought while Viktoria sat on the couch watching him, her face full of concern.

"Papa, Mama? What is it?" Anastasia asked them as she walked farther into the room.

They both turned towards their daughter standing on the threshold. She stared back at them, her blue-green eyes wide with a mixture of concern and fear. Sevastian started forward, his face relaxing with relief. He took his daughter by the hand and led her over towards the couch. They both sat down and Viktoria took Anastasia's other hand in both of hers.

"I'm not going to put this off or beat around the bush." Sebastian began in his deep, baritone voice a moment later.

He paused briefly, his jaw clenching in anger, his face darkening with rage. Viktoria and Anastasia both waited silently for him to continue.

"Konstantin is on his way here," Sevastian said finally with a low growl, his emerald green eyes glowing with fury.

Viktoria gasped in horror and her hand tightened around her daughters as her emotions erupted into turmoil. Anastasia stared at her father, her brain trying to process this new piece of information. She had never met her father's brother, her uncle, Konstantin Romanov before. Her mother had once told her that Konstantin resented her father. Roz didn't know if this was true or not because she had never even met the man.

"He's coming here? What do you mean?" she asked, blinking at her father in confusion.

His facial expression contorted into another scowl, his teeth clenching together. "I can hear his thoughts," he growled fiercely.

Anastasia and her mother both stared at him as he stood up and began pacing the library floor again. "Why is he coming here?" she asked cautiously, a million scenarios whirling around inside her mind.

Sevastian crossed the room over to the window and glared out into the darkness. Viktoria stood up also and crossed the room to her husband's side. Anastasia watches her parents in growing confusion. Why was her uncle showing up now and what could he possibly want?