♠♥♦♣ Popularity ♠♥♦♣

♠♥♦♣
Popularity
♠♥♦♣

January 14, 2009

Anastasia walked into Ward Against the Aphotic Trades, her blue-green eyes sweeping the classroom for her new friends. Calli and Mellony both waved at her, gaining her attention. She waved back to them and started to walk across the room but Niyol Taregan and Doran O'Brien intercepted her halfway towards the table.

"I am so sorry, Miss Sevastianova, but Mr. Devereux has asked me to tell you to come to join him at his table," Niyol informed her, motioning to the table at the center of the room.

Anastasia glanced towards the table Niyol motioned to and saw that Julian was seated there, watching her talk with his friends. She rolled her eyes at him and started walking towards his table. She plopped down in the chair beside him, hearing him chuckling under his breath.

"How did you know that I didn't want to sit with my friends?" Anastasia hissed at him with a mock glare.

Julian chuckled again and took her hand in his underneath the table, making her heart rate speed up at his cool touch.

"I knew that you would prefer sitting with me," he replied with a small smirk.

His beautiful grey eyes met hers and Anastasia felt her heartbeat speed up even more. She stared at him, suddenly feeling dazzled, and then looked away to catch her breath. The WAAT teacher, Markos Argyris walked into the class just then. He gave the class one look, and the students all quieted down immediately. His sharp blue eyes honed in on Anastasia and Julian sitting at the center table.

Anastasia looked away from his piercing blue eyes, suddenly feeling uncomfortable underneath his cold gaze, and pulled her hand out of Julian's firm grasp. Mr. Argyris walked to the front of the classroom and took out his wand, waving it at the whiteboard. He then turned on his heel and looked around the classroom, making some of the students squirm uncomfortably in their seats. Anastasia shifted in her own seat again as his gaze lingered on her and Julian again.

"Today we are learning the Navitas Maledictum." Mr. Argyris informed the class tonelessly.

His sharp gaze swept across the room again before landing on Anastasia for the third time in fifteen minutes. She bit back a terrified squeak as she stared up at him with wide eyes.

"Miss Sevastianova will be my first volunteer," he said, a malicious gleam in his eyes.

Anastasia felt Julian stiffen beside her as she rose to her feet. She shot him a questioning look and then walked to the front of the classroom. As Anastasia turned around to face the class, she could see the worried faces of Calli, Mellony, Doran, and Niyol all watching her nervously. She looked back over at Julian to find that his beautiful grey eyes and handsome expression were dark and unreadable. Anastasia's heart rate sped up with anxious nervousness.