♠♥♦♣ Viktoria Maksimilianova ♠♥♦♣ Family History ♠♥♦♣

♠♥♦♣
Viktoria Maksimilianova
♠♥♦♣
Family History
♠♥♦♣

Tsarskoye Selo, St. Petersburg, Russia
August 15, 1975

Viktoria Maksimilianova ambled home after work, gazing around at the magnificent vista that was her homeland. It's so lovely here, she thought to herself with a serene sigh as she watched as the sunset in the eastern skies. She could hear quiet footsteps behind her and she turned around to see who it could possibly be. Konstantin Romanov was sauntering a few paces behind her, his sapphire blue eyes trained specifically on her. Her heart halted and started up again, pumping double-time inside her chest.

Viktoria turned around and hastened her leisurely stride to rapid steps. She glanced over her shoulder again and saw that he was still behind her but only a little closer. She turned her back on him again and nearly broke into a full run. She finally reached the road that led towards her family's home and the feeling of being watched immediately went away. She looked back one last time and saw that Konstantin had suddenly disappeared.

Viktoria sighed in relief and continued on home. She stepped inside the mansion and went up to her bedroom. The walls were stained in white with blue accents, the carpet was a deep red color. One wall was taken up by a bookcase full of books and another with a large, white marble fireplace. Another wall held a pair of doors, which led to the closet and adjoining bathroom and the remaining wall was taken up by a large bay window facing the forest that encompassed most of her father's estate grounds.

A king-sized bed took up the center of the room. The railings were white with a blue bedcover spread on top with a pile of white and red pillows piled on top also. Viktoria sat down on the bed and opened the top drawer of her bedside table and pulled out her journal. She opened to the next blank sheet, picked up an ink pen, and began writing.

Dear Journal,

For a moment I thought that Konstantin Romanov was going follow me all the way home. He was at the Vasiliev Hotel, my place of employment, drinking and hanging out with a couple of his friends. I honestly thought he was going to assault me the way he kept grabbing at me.

Viktoria shuddered at the thought of Konstantin doing something unspeakable to her. She shook her head and continued to write.

I've been thinking about handing in my resignation. Father told me time and time again that a beautiful girl like me shouldn't work where unmarried men played with their toys. I honestly thought the Vasiliev Hotel was for travelers and the rich, but I guess it's not so. It was such a beautiful day today, all I wanted to do is lay beneath a tree and read a good novel. Or write something.

I love to read and write. When I have a child, I would love her to be just like me. She may also have some qualities of her father, but I want to do any and everything with her.
Sincerely,
Viktoria Maksimilianova