♠♥♦♣ Intangibility ♠♥♦♣

♠♥♦♣Intangibility♠♥♦♣

♠♥♦♣
Intangibility
♠♥♦♣

Anastasia followed behind her father and mother, feeling a little dazed. They all walked quietly but swiftly down the hall towards the back of the house. Her parents took her hands on their own when they all stopped in the large kitchen. Anastasia's heart rate sped up and she began to panic as she stared at the oak door, wondering how she would be able to just walk through it. Sevastian squeezed her hand encouragingly, hearing her thoughts.

Anastasia took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She cleared her mind of all thoughts and began searching the dark recess of her mind for any sign of her power. She felt heat brushing against her cool skin suddenly. Anastasia marveled at the warmth, wondering where it was coming from. The heat then began seeping through her skin, warming her blood.

Her eyes snapped open; she could feel the molecules inside the door, moving around one another, generating heat. Anastasia gasped in amazement. She heard both Viktoria and Sevastian chuckling beside her. She clasped their hands tightly and started to move forward, her mind seeking out the warmth. They all stepped through the door and she could feel the heat of the molecules embracing her in a warm, gentle shower.

The front door slammed open and she faltered, her heart pounding in her chest. Her mother grasped her hand firmly in her own.

"Where are my brother and his wife?" Konstantin snapped harshly.

Anastasia cringed at the sound as their butler, Igor, stuttered in reply.

"Well go and get them!" Konstantin thundered angrily. "We need to speak immediately."

They could hear Igor's footsteps fading away as he went searching for Sevastian and Viktoria. Anastasia stood frozen to the spot, afraid of what might happen to the servants when Konstantin realized that they were not here. Sevastian led his wife and daughter through the back door. They stepped out into the dark backyard and continued silently across the wet grass towards the forest. Just as they reached the tall trees, there was a loud outburst of anger from the house: Konstantin had finally realized that they were escaping.

The family plunged into the trees quickly, still holding hands. Anastasia could feel the heat of the trees as they ran past them. She sighed in newfound content. She was suddenly plunged into the core of a tree and gasped. For a brief moment, she could feel the heat and life pulsing through it.