🔗 Chapter 19🔗

'Forget art imitating life

'Forget art imitating life. Here we had a case of art imitating death. The snuff film that showed Jason Blossom being murdered by dear old dad... in a bizarre recreation of it.' 

Mila jumped at the sound of the gunshot ringing on the TV, Charles quickly turning it off. "Months of static shots of houses, now this." He sighed. "Why the change of pattern?" 

"Our Voyeur is trying to recreate himself into an auteur." Jughead huffed, staring at the Tv screen. 

"No longer satisfied with just stocking." Mila huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Between this tape and the one of Betty killing me, it seems like he's trying to painstakingly recreate our deaths," Jughead explained. Mila looked down at him, frowning. "Or near deaths. He's trying to blur the line between fact and fiction. "

"Is it a warning?" Charles huffed. 

"Or a rehearsal." Mila frowned. 

"For what?"

"An actual murder." She sighed. 

"So out auteur got a copy of Jason Blossom's murder video and then... pulls a Gus Van Sant and tried to remake it?" Jughead frowned, looking back to Charles. 

"But where did he get the original video though?" Mila frowned. 

"Blue Velvet Video." Charles nodded. 

"Is there anything else we can do at this point?" She asked, looking between the two boys. 

"Wait for another tape." Charles shrugged. "Keep going through the videos that we confiscated from the Scarlet Suite." He said gesturing over to the evidence box. Mila looked back at the two overflowing boxes and frowned. People were sick. 

"Yeah, well. I'll let you two handle that because..." She trailed off, "I don't really want to watch any of those." She picked up her bag, leaving the room. 

🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗

"Breaking news everyone..." Jughead announced rushing into the student lounge where all his friends were. "So the University of Iowa has one of the best writing programs in the country. I applied for spring, but then they told me they could take me as early as fall." Jughead beamed as he sat next to his girlfriend who just smiled at him. 

"You're a good writer, bro," Archie assured, shaking hands with Jughead. 

"Wait." Cheryl sighed, "So this acceptance is conditional?" Cheryl asked.