🔗Chapter 6🔗

'This is what happens in Riverdale. Once the sun sets, Dodger's minions go to work. He recruits hungry and homeless kids, so that if they're arrested, they do some time in juvie, but then they're back on the streets... working for Dodger again. They're chewed up by the system. 
Except that recently, someone has thrown a tire iron and a baseball bat into the system. Usually, Dodger or the police would go to the kid next, but tonight was his lucky night. Instead of getting sucked back into the system then spat out again... these kids, they've got someone looking out for 'em now.

People, that ask themselves, 'How do you save a town?' And who know the answer... 'One kid at a time.' For every kid saved there was one less hustling for Dodger, and that would no do at all.
Meanwhile, in existential hell, I was facing the tyranny of a blank page. And i need my anchor.' 

Mila sighed, leaning up against the side of the car, her bandanna up as Archie slid into the passenger seat. The kid in the driver's seat, his eyes widened as Archie handcuffed him, sliding out. "You'll thank me someday." 
And it just so happened, a few minutes later, the dynamic duo, Archie and Mila were walking down that same alley. They walked up to the car, peering into the window. Archie opening the car door. 

Mila looked up, seeing Fp walking towards them, a smile on her face. "What's up Fp?"

----

Mila stood in the sheriff's office with Archie as he talked to Ms. Andrews and the kid. Mila smirked, having an idea. 

"I have an idea..." 

Mila walked the teen into Pop's as she walked over to Veronica and Pop. "Thank you guys for doing this." Mila smiled.

"Anytime, M." Veronica smiled. 

"Welcome to the team." Pop greeted with a warm smile.

🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗

Mila's phone started to ring, she leaned over, picking up and answering the call. "Hello?" She smiled into the phone. 

"I didn't wake you, did i?" Jughead sighed into the phone. 

"No, not at all." Mila smiled, "I'm just finishing up here at the community center. What's up?" She beamed as she locked up the office. 

"Meet me at Pop's?"

Mila looked up, seeing Jughead walk into the diner, "Hey." He gave her a small smile back, Mila furrowing her brows, "You okay?" 

"Yeah, i just can't write." He huffed, ignoring the burger and fries beside him. "Mr. Chipping gave the class this assignment  where we're supposed to write our own version of a Baxter Brothers novel, which should be a dream come true, but for the first time in my life, I'm having writer's block." He sighed, "Why?" 

"Because you work yourself too hard." Mila chuckled. "You're a great writer, but you work yourself too hard, take a break." Mila smiled. "Ya know... take a walk, Kiss me. Watch TV, kiss me. Or you know, Kiss me."