🔗Chapter 7🔗

'Thanksgiving

     'Thanksgiving. The time of year when friends and family gather to eat turkey, watch the big game, and give thanks for all that they have. But for some, this year was all about what they'd lost. For example, Archie Andrews. It was the first Thanksgiving without his father. The void Fred Andrews left was as cold as the winds blowing through the town. 

And Mila had no contact with her brother, not since she had last seen him. And while they were thinking of ways to give back, Riverdale's new mayor was grabbing all that he could. Hiram Lodge had run unopposed, allowing him to ascend to power virtually overnight. 

Meanwhile, across town, at Riverdale General Hospital, a different family gathering was taking place. For the Dickenson crime clan, the only dish on the Thanksgiving menu was revenge. The weather was forecasting for an epic ice storm, and you could literally feel the temperature dropping. 

---------------

Mila sat in the Community center, waiting for the time she needed to leave. "All right, everyone, bring it in. Come on!" Archie called out. Mila stood up, walking up next to Archie. "Hustle up, Hustle up." The kids gathered around the teens. "All right, look. We know some of you guys have nowhere to go for Thanksgiving. So, Munroe and I, we're gonna keep the center open tomorrow." 

"Where's Mila going?" Eddie ask. 

"I will be with my boyfriend, but, i have already pre-made some of the sides so you don't have to eat the boys cooking." She joked, patting Archie's chest. The kids cheered lightly, making her smile. 

"We're gonna have hot meals with all the fixings." Munroe smiled, "Thanks to the lovely Mila James." Mila playfully rolled her eyes. The kids started to cheer again, Mila grinning. 

"Seriously? You guys are cooking?" 

"Hell yeah." Archie laughed. "And my mom." 

"And my grandma."

"And we have Mila's famous Mac'n'Cheese on standby along with her homemade rolls." Archie smiled, wrapping an arm around Mila.

"So tell your friends there's an open-door policy. Everyone is invited." She beamed with a smile. Her phone chimed and she looked down, seeing her alarm going off. "Okay, It's my time to go, all of you, stay out of trouble." She smiled, everyone, saying bye as she left. 

🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗

Mila leaned against the door of Jughead's dorm, smiling. "Hey, Amor." She smiled. Jughead looked up, a grin on his face. 

"Hey," He beamed, "Wow, that was fast."

"I have my ways." She chuckled, walking into the room. He chuckled, clicking away on his computer, Mila raised a brow, taking off her leather jacket. "Jug, hit 'save.'" She directed.