🔗Chapter 1🔗

The five friends sat in Pop's eating their breakfast, Mila took a sip of her orange juice, while the group dug into their food

The five friends sat in Pop's eating their breakfast, Mila took a sip of her orange juice, while the group dug into their food. "So, camping this weekend, are we still on?" Jughead asked.

"I'm open," Veronica nodded, "But what are we talking about here? Like..."

Mila and Betty let out laughs, "The woods." Mila told her. "But remember, this could... possibly, be out last summer to do this because next you, you'll all be ready to go to college."

"You still haven't decided if you're going to college?" Archie asked.

Mila shrugged, "Community at best."

"Well, as far as camping goes, if anyone is scared of bears, well, don't be, because Archie's been attacked like, what, multiple times and still survived." Jughead chuckled, changing the subject. In all honesty, he and Mila hadn't talked about if they were going to stay in Riverdale, or leave.

"Hey, i wear my scars proudly," Archie smirked. Betty chuckled, Archie's phone buzzing. "Hey, dad." Mila watched Archie carefully, frowning when his face fell slightly.
He got up, Mila still watching him as his back was turned to the group.

"Archie?" She frowned, his phone dropped out of his hand, And she got out of the booth quickly, everyone rushing over to him. She got down in front of him, her hands on his face, Archie had just received the worst news of his life.

Fred Andrews was dead.

🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗

"I, uh, talked to the sheriff up in Cherry Creek, and..." Fp started, Mila was over at Archie's, making sure he and Mary were okay. Archie's hand held hers tightly, Mila's head on his shoulders. "Sounds like... what happened was Fred was... driving home to Riverdale when he... He pulled over to help someone's car that was stalled on the side of the road, and, uh... Another vehicle..." Fp choked out.

"Another vehicle came upon them way too fast and..." Mila's eyes watered hearing about how someone who was also like a father to her had gone. "He was struck by it."

"No. No." Mary sobbed.

"I'm sorry, Mary." Fp choked out, "I'm sorry, Archie."

"Did the other car stop?" Archie asked. "The one that..." Fp shook his head, Archie's face falling, "So it was a hit-and-run? We have to find out who did it, we have to catch them."

"Archie," Mila frowned.

"No, Red," Fp warned, "You don't even think about that right now. And I'll work with the Sheriff's office up in Cherry Creek and make sure all of this is taken care of, you understand?"