🔗Chapter 10🔗

'Spirit Week had arrived at Riverdale High. And for the first time in years, the students actually had something to celebrate. The long-suffering Bulldogs, in a large part thanks to breakout star Munroe Moore, were finally going to the state finals, where they would take on the undisputed titans of the gridiron, The Stonewall Stallions. 

For Principal Honey, who commissioned an article about the game from ace reporter Betty Cooper and her sidekick, Mila James. The championship was, at last, something positive to promote. But for Riverdale's star QB, Archie Andrews, this Spirit Week was special for a different reason. 
It would be the last of his career. ' 

----------------------------------

Mila sighed, taking a few pictures of Reggie, Munroe, and Archie as Betty interviewed them. Reggie moved forward, playfully punching Munroe, Mila rolling her eyes. "Okay, so last game of the season." Betty prompted. Archie let out a breath, looking at his team mates. "How do you feel, Arch?"

"Honestly, like we're gonna win." Archie beamed. 

"Munroe, what about you?" 

"I'm just happy to be playing for the championship." He smiled. Reggie cheered, high-fiving the boy. 

"He's being humble, Betty." Archie smiled, "A recruiter from Notre Dame is coming just to see him." Mila's eyes widend as she looked over to her friend, high-fiving him. 

"That's my boy." She beamed. 

Betty, chuckled, looking over to reggie. "Reggie, care to comment?" 

"You want a quote, Betts?" 

"Sure." Betty shrugged. 

"I'll give you a quote. Stonewall sucks. The only reason why they're undefeated is because they play dirty."  Munroe hummed, nodding in agreement. Mila tilted her head, listening to the boys. "Every team that's gone up against them this year has suffered some horrible injury." 

"What do you mean?" Mila frowned, lowering her camera. 

"I mean, they don't play to win. They play ti hurt." Reggie told her. Mila looked back at Betty who was writing down what he had said, "But... they haven't gone up against out guy. Munroe." 
Mila gave the boys a smile, nodding. 

🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗

Mila sat across from Jughead, the two in comfortable silence. Until something was weighing on Mila's mind, "Jug?" he looked up at her, absentmindedly, "You okay? What's going on?" 

He sighed, pushing his plate away slightly. "I have an interview with a college recruiter." he admitted. 

Mila smiled, tilting her head, "That's great-" 

"It's for Yale." Mila gave him a weird look, not getting why he was being so weird, "Is that okay?" 

"That's amazing." Mila grinned, "Why would it not be okay?"