🔗Chapter 17🔗

'It was over, the evils of Stonewall Prep had been vanquished, and life in Riverdale more or less picked up where it had left off

     'It was over, the evils of Stonewall Prep had been vanquished, and life in Riverdale more or less picked up where it had left off. But at it's heart, Riverdale was and is 'A wicked little town.' So no one was surprised when a thrid round of sinister video tapes was delivered to our doorsteps.' 

Jughead walked up the steps to his home, his heart dropping when he noticed another tape on the doorstep. He placed his bag of Pop's down, picking up the tape and staring at it. He turned around, looking around to see if the culprit was still there. Mila opened the door, frowning when Jughead turned around, holding up the tape. 
The Jones/Cooper family sat in the living room, watching the tape. Jughead's arms wrapped around Mila. 

Even though they had solved one mystery, there was another.

She stood, staring out the window, Jughead walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her again, both staring at the street of their wicked little town. 

'No one slept much that night, as they waited for a new day to dawn.' 

🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗

"So, we talked to all your teachers and we found a way for you to catch up on all your classes." Betty said as Mila placed a book on the desk. He opened the binder, sighing. 

"That's not daunting at all." Jughead frowned. "There's an index." 

"And it's color coded." Mila nodded. "Red is for American History. You missed the mid-term, so you can catch up by writing an essay on either the Trail of Tears or the Salem witch trials." Mila explained. 

"Salem Witch Trial, definitely." 

"Obviosuly." The girls nodded. "Blue, English." Betty added. "You can choose amongst, Steinbeck's The Pearl, Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea, and London's The Call of the Wild, for your book report." 

Jughead sighed, Mila giving him a look, "Don't huff. You've already read all of them" 

"No, i know, it's just writing a book report, no i know, how Sisyphus must have felt. Given how far behind i am on literally every topic, is it even worth trying to catch up at this point?"  Mila looked over to Betty who nodded, leaving the room. 

"Look, i know it's a lot. It's only for a couple of months. Just to make sure you graduate. With me. And your friends." Jughead sighed, Mila taking his hand, Jughead looking over to her. "Remember freshmen year when i transferred here from Southside High and they wanted to hold me back, you didn't let me fail and I'm not gonna let you not graduate." She stated. 
He smiled, leaning forward, kissing her softly.