"What if it's The Siren?" Taehyung starts with his ghost stories.
"The Siren?" Jungkook voices out, keeping his eyes on the track.
"Yeah, sounds a lot like what Namjoon told us yesterday-you know-about Jongho" Taehyung says. Jungkook thinks a bit in silence.

"You don't really believe it's The Siren, do you?" I ask, shaking my head at the thought.
"I heard old man Phil lost his arm to The Siren" Taehyung starts, trying to spook us.

"Taehyung, we were there when he lost his arm" I say with an eye roll.
"You would never know" he says again. I roll my eyes again.

"We're here" Jungkook announces before I could tell Taehyung off.

Jungkook stares at the carving in the tree he made the night before. We stay silent if we could hear anything.

...

"...I give up" I say after a moment of silence.
"I am certain I heard the sound coming from this way" Jungkook says as he points beyond the tree.

"Aish" I say as I rub my neck. It still looked like it was morning. As long as we got back before it gets too dark.

"Let's go!" Taehyung cheers.
"Fine. Then we can finally put this silly myth to end" I surrender and follow the two.

We go deeper and deeper into the forest as Taehyung and Jungkook tell each other stories about The Siren. They were enjoying this way too much. I truly believe that we're not going to find anything.

Eventually, I start feeling hungry. I don't know if it's still morning since it's difficult to see the sun through the dense forest.

"We should eat" I announce to the two ahead of me.
"Yes. I was starting to get hungry" Taehyung says.
"And I can finally put the rabbits into the basket" Jungkook says as he finds a place to sit. We sit in a circle and eat the food Jungkook packed in.

Carrying around the smell of blood is not good for the other predators out there.

"We need to find water for the rabbits" I decide.
"Why'd you kill so many rabbits" Taehyung whines.
"Shut up" Jungkook bites back.

After our little rest, we walk a bit faster to find any source of water. There needs to be a pond or lake here somewhere.

"Wait" Jungkook says and we pause.
"What is it?" Taehyung asks, getting serious.
"I think I hear something...From that direction" he says as he runs off.
"Wait!" I scream as Taehyung and I chase after him.

After a bit of running and calling after Jungkook, he finally stops.

"What-are-you-doing?" I huff. Jungkook is unnatural fast.

"It stopped" he says and we wait in silence.
"There's nothing here" I tell Jungkook with a hand on his shoulder.

"No, I hear it" Taehyung says.
"Not you too" I say with an eye roll. This joke was getting old fast.

"Where?" Jungkook asks desperately.
"This way" Taehyung says as he runs in a direction.

I was starting to get worried. I couldn't see any natural sunlight anymore and I'm pretty sure it's midday. We have never been this far away from the village. I hope we can find our way back.

"Stop! We're going to far!" I scream out to the two who were still running. I run faster and faster to catch up to the two and grab them by the arms.
"Stop" I huff out.

"But we're really close" Taehyung says as he yanks his arm away from my grip and they start running again.

I don't know what to do. If these two get hurt or die, I would never forgive myself.