Fall

"What happened? You weren't born like that, were you?" Vernon asks, looking a lot paler.

"A human happened" I sourly say.

"Was it your previous lover? Please tell me what happened. I'll die from curiosity if you don't tell me" he begs, quickly putting two and two together.
"Long story short, you need to be careful who you love-although I guess it was a little bit my fault" I say, thinking back for the thousandth time on what happened.

"Wait wait. So if you were a male then that means a human female did this to you?" Vernon asks.
"Yes and no" I vaguely answer, tapping my chin, memories flashing before my eyes.

I shiver when I remember the worst part, losing my tongue accompanied with heartbreak. Not a fun combination.

"For the love of God, please tell me. You're just being mean now" Vernon complains, very on edge.

"You know how sirens are. We play around" I brush it off. Vernon has enough as he frustratedly huffs and pouts, crossing his arms.

"What? You upset now?" I laugh.
"Well duh. You're obviously keeping a very juicy story to yourself" he says.
"All what I'm trying to say is try not to mate with a human. They stab your back and they don't even live that long" I say.

"I can't control who my mate is" he says, his previous annoyance disappears in a puff of smoke.
"You can try" I smirk a little.

He turns to me with a slight smile, then lightly punches my shoulder.

"Well" Vernon says as he stands up.
"I better get going. Pack is still keeping an eye on me" he tiredly says.
"I see."

"Just let me know if you need a husband again" he says 'husband' weirdly and shifts to his wolf self and runs off.

I fetch my guitar and start strumming the melodies Jimin and Taehyung played for me, adding a bit here and there but not a lot. It's already beautiful.

Before I knew it, the day turned to night.

A month passes in no time. Nothing interesting happened besides the werewolves being banned from my 'territory' so I add werewolves to the list. Vernon doesn't care at all and visits occasionally but a lot less.

I completely disregard the trap that started the whole werewolf being banned thing. I consider it a fluke. But I couldn't consider it a fluke the second time.

I remember I woke up really tired that day. I lay under the sun as I hum towards the water, causing ripples in the water as I swirl the water in my hand.

I hear a loud yelp and then nothing.

I pay no interest since weird noises often sounds in the woods and it sounds like it was very far away.

About an hour later, I hear a bunch of wolves howling. Again, I don't think much of it.

And then I got somewhat involved when Vernon came running to me.

"Did you hear? Did you hear it?" Vernon huffs. I slowly sit upright to face him.

"What? The noises today? Who cares" I tiredly say, facing the water again.
"Someone died" he simply says.

"Oh" I tiredly answer, not caring, yawning a little. Death is an all too good friend of mine.

"Could you seem a little more sympathetic? He was my friend" Vernon says sadly.

Vernon is currently in his wolf form. He doesn't seem like his energetic self. He seems tired and depressed. His ears are drooping and his usually wagging tail is very still.