Down

Who would set a trap? Would it be the spiteful mermaids or maybe those annoying faires?

As long as Vernon is uninjured, I can call it an accident.

However, if he did actually get hurt, it will definitely be a bad day for someone.

Ugh-I'm way too overprotective of that kid.

Vernon doesn't show up after that.

The next day, I swim back to the village with the water I left in that bathtub.

Today was the day that I can finally collect my order and leave the human village.

I make my way to the vendor.

"Ah, miss. Your order just arrived" the man says with a grin, looking behind him to see a ton of bags.
"Thank you" I say as I hand him the eighteen gold coins.

"You can use the carts" the man says. I nod and I start to drag everything, cart for cart to the edge of the forest the last time I saw Wonwoo.

I see him peek from behind a tree.

"Thanks again for all your help" I say as he quickly runs to me, taking the heavy cart from me.

"It's only a pleasure" he says and more of his buddies appear.

"And I was right to bring help" he says as he eyes all the carts I still need to push to here.

"I'll make you all a snack when we get back" I say, feeling grateful I don't have to drag everything back by myself.

Wonwoo has already offered to carry me but I quickly refuse. We lead the group back to my home.

I explain the whole story from the previous night with Vernon's trap.

"Perhaps it's an attack" Wonwoo says with a glare.
"It's not. It was probably someone trying to be annoying" I say, rolling my eyes.

"If you're certain" he says, looking ahead.

"Your voice sounds a lot better now" Wonwoo says, changing the subject.
"I've been drinking this tea. A few humans were kind enough to gift it to me" I say. Wonwoo tenses at the mention of humans.

"I really hope they don't visit" I tiredly sigh.

"I'll break their legs if they try" Wonwoo says with determination.
"No need" I quickly shut that down.

We continue our walk. The other centaurs were very cautious of me at first but eventually grew the courage to talk to me.

Apparently, Wonwoo has been putting me on too high of a pedestal. He painted quite the picture for the other centaurs.

But it is very flattering.

"I've never met a siren before. I didn't think you would look so human" the one centaur starts and Wonwoo starts glaring at him.

"She doesn't have anything related to those disgusting humans" Wonwoo says, utterly disgusted.

"Yeah yeah. Anyway, do you really eat people?" he brushes Wonwoo off and turns his attention back to me.

"I used to but that was like a millennium ago" I say, already feeling embarrassed.

"Wait-are you immortal?" he asks with wide eyes. I nod and Wonwoo looks proud for some reason.

"So you meant that literally" the other says with wide eyes.

Sirens are one of the few creatures that get to live forever.

"Then when were you born?" the other asks. It seems Wonwoo is also interested in this question.

"Um..." I think back.