Chapter 1- Feelings

"Xue Yang!" A voice said loudly, echoing around the arena, "I won't let you escape again!"
     The man yelling was Xiao Xingchen, he was on the roof of the building with his sword pointed towards Xue Yang.  Xingchen lunged forward with his sword and Xue Yang jumped backwards, only to be pulled back.
    Xue Yang fell to the floor on his back and felt the breath get knocked out of him. He pulled his hand up and saw a blue string barely visible on his wrist, he smiled, "That's funny."
    Xingchen took the moment of distraction to attack. He went down and struck forward, Xue Yang saw this and took his sword out blocking the blow. They fought with Wei Ying interrupting every once in a while making Xue Yang begin to get upset.
    He, however, was quite good at suppressing emotions. He blocked the hits and finally began to fight back, he struck forward only to be thrown to the side by Wei Ying. Xue Yang froze at the sight of Xingchen's sword in front of him.
     Xue Yang looked at Wei Ying, "This is a powerful talisman, what is it called?"
     Wei Ying looked down thoughtfully, "I don't know. I want to call it either Bonding or Binding."
    "How about Dying," Xue Yang said before creating a cloud of white smoke.
    "Waving of Qianxun," Lan Wangji said, they all covered their faces and Xue Yang took this chance to attack.
    His sword was blocked by another's. It was a man in black, and Xingchen seemed to recognize him.
    "Xingchen," the man said.
    "Zichen."  Xue Yang observed the interaction and saw something in the man in black's eyes. They tied him up and took him inside the building.
    They introduced themselves as Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan, and Xue Yang kept a close eye on the two. That Song Lan guy looks like he's in love with Xiao Xingchen, he thought and laughed silently, but he isn't noticed at all. I hope Song Lan knows that he will soon be rejected by his dear Xiao Xingchen. He smirked and watched the show unfold in front of him.

     It was their time to all depart and Xue Yang called out as Xingchen and Song Lan left, "Xiao Xingchen!" The man turned around, "Don't forget me, we will meet again soon."
     Xingchen thought nothing of this and shook his head. The two men continued on their way and were soon out of sight, Xue Yang smiled. He walked with the men an evil smile plastered on his face, they better be careful.

      "Xingchen," Song Lan said once they were far away from the group, "what did he mean by 'we will meet again soon'?"
      "I don't know," Xingchen replied shrugging, "but it's probably nothing so don't worry about it."
    "Alright, if you're sure. By the way," Song Lan continued moving a branch out of the way, "have you thought about what I said?" He looked at Xingchen hopefully only to be met by soft yet stern eyes.
      "Zichen, I already told you," Xingchen said, "I can't accept them, I can't accept your feelings."
      "But did you think about it?" Song Lan said, he desperately wanted him to return the feelings but had no luck.
      "I did, for a long time, but I came to the conclusion that I cannot return those feelings. I think of you as my best friend, a brother even nothing more," Xingchen was careful with his words, but that wasn't enough to heal the now shattered heart of Song Lan.
     "Bu-" Song Lan stopped abruptly, "I...alright, I respect your decision."
     "Thank you Zichen, I'm sure you will find someone much better than me. You will find the right one soon," Xingchen said and walked ahead through the beautiful flowers.
     Song Lan was devastated but ignored the tears in his eyes and walked behind Xingchen. It was almost impossible to get mad, Song Lan sighed and watched at the man walk delicately through the plants. It looked almost as if he was barely touching the ground and only walking on air.
     Xingchen was a handsome man no doubt, and a very gentle, caring man. These things were what Song Lan fell in love with, he fell for the man's beauty first then his personality. Song Lan walked behind Xingchen, head hanging down, thinking about what life would be if his feelings were returned.
    "Zichen," the man looked up.
   "Yes?" He said and Xingchen smiled.
   "Nothing, you were just quiet," the man in white said, he looked like an angel. Song Lan smiled sadly.
    "Oh, it's nothing. I'm just thinking about Xue Yang, that's all," he said.
    "Really? Me too," Xingchen said, "Xue Yang seems like an ambitious man, he would be a good cultivator if he wasn't down the wrong path." He sat down next to a tree and looked at into the trees admiring the beauty of nature, he always loved being outside. He felt refreshed and at peace when he was outside with the trees, especially in the winter.
     In the winter he likes to watch the snow fall and cover the ground and trees like a big white blanket. And watch the snow flakes fall down, each one different yet exactly the same. He sighed and closed his eyes, "Zichen, sit down with me."
    The said man nodded and sat down beside him. Xingchen leaned his head back onto the tree and listened to the sounds of the wind in the trees and the birds in the sky. "Zichen don't you love it outside?"
    "Of course I do, it's beautiful," Song Lan responded.
    "Yes," Xingchen said dreamily, "even in the worst storm there is beauty in nature."
    "How so?" Song Lan asked curiously.
    "Well the sound of rain is relaxing and the thunder excites me, the lightning has it's own unique shape every time. Even in the worst of times or in the worst of someone, there is beauty."
   "You as if storms are a person," Song Lan said scoffing.
   Xingchen chuckled, "I'm sure there is someone out there that is as chaotic as a storm, and I will love that person as I love storms."