After Hours

"Hello is this Emma Swan?"

"Yes this is she, and who is calling?"

"I'm Claire from Saint Luke's Hospital and I'm here to tell you your significant other, Regina Mills is being held here, she was retrieved from the scene of a hit and run and has a concussion. And a large piece of glass was embedded in her just below her Rib that will be getting pulled out in a few," The woman said, making Emma slam on her brakes.

" I'm on my way," Emma said, speeding towards the hospital hanging up the phone.

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

Emma rushed through the doors of the hospital making her way towards the front desk.
"Where is she!" Emma yelled.

"Ma'am who are you here for?" The receptionist asked unfazed.

"I'm her for Regina Mills, I'm her wife," Emma explained.

"Ok, she's just waking up so try not to make a lot of noise. She's sensitive to sound and light. And she's in room 158 down the hall, take a right then a left then another right," The woman finished letting Emma be on her way. Following the instructions Emma dashed down the hallway until she stopped in front of the door with the bolded numbers, 158.

Opening the door as quietly as she could Emma walked through the dark room. "Regina," Emma whispered in the darkness.

"Emma," Regina cried then groaned out in pain. Emma opened the curtains enough for a little light to filter through the room to make out objects. Emma grabbed a chair and pulled it up to the bed taking a seat while holding into Regina's hand.

"Are you Ok- wait of course your not you just got in a fucking car crash, I'm sorry I do you need anything," Emma rambled.

"I just don't understand. At first I was pissed, beyond pissed actually and then blank. Everything went black. I just can't be angry at you, when I woke up that's all I could think about, you weren't trying to keep it from me because you thought it was something I shouldn't know. You kept it because he asked. And I know I was told but too angry to hear it and I'm sorry," Regina said, sniffling .

"Regina don't apologize for being angry you had every right to be, hell if I was in your shoes I would've been," Emma said.

"I love you Emma Swan, you know that right?" Regina questioned sighing softly.

"And I you," Emma said, placing a kiss on Regina's temple.

"When are they coming?" Regina asked.

"I don't know, but I'm pretty sure they've already been called," Emma said.

And not even 10 seconds later Jefferson burst through the doors everyone following behind him. "Gina," He whispered going to the other side of the bed to hold her hand.

"I'm ok," Regina said with a soft smile.

"No you're not, they said you had a concussion Regina," Exclaimed Jefferson.

"Mmm.. really I just have a never ending headache," Regina said avoiding her father's gaze.

"Regina me and your father are really sorry we didn't-".

"Please don't." Regina said cutting her mother off. "I know, it's ok I just don't want to talk about that right now," Regina explained.

"Can you all give us a minute?" Henry asked looking at his family then turning to the blonde. Emma nodded in understanding and pushed everyone out the room so they could talk alone.

"how you feeling princess ?" Henry asked softly sitting in a chair and placing his hand on top of his daughters. Regina felt the sudden urge to pull away but she knew that would hurt him, but why should she care he hurt her so why does she feel so guilty. Should she not be angry he did lie to her and then had everyone she cared about lie to her, so should she not be pissed with him or is it the fact that she doesn't have the stomach to stay mad at him and that she just wants to be in his arms as he held her so she could cry her eyes out and tell her it's all going to be ok.

"I-why didn't you just tell me daddy?" Regina asked her voice cracking as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Because I didn't want you to worry about me, I didn't want you to make me a priority you have achieved so much and down so much with yourself. Your about to get married, you've grown into such a beautiful woman I couldn't be prouder and I didn't  want to ruin such happy memories you were making." Her father explained wiping her escaping tears.

Regina laughed softly through her tears wanting to break down but she couldn't do that he didn't deserve it nor did he deserve her anger, he's always tried to do what's best for her and this time it wasn't any different.

"I'm sorry daddy, I shouldn't have ran out like that I was just-"

"You have nothing to be sorry for you understand me now ima let Emma back in but you need to get some rest Mija understand." He said getting up from his chair and making his way out the room.

"And one more thing princess." He said looking over his shoulder.

"Yes," Regina answered softly looking over at her father as he opened the door.

"I love you," he said before walking out making Regina smile softly.

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎
One week later it been a couple days since Regina was discharged from the hospital she was strictly put on bed rest at least until her ribs healed.

Regina has been dying of boredom Emma's been at the office and hotel most of the days coming home late leaving Regina at home all day. Emma would have Ruby come and check on her but she was still left by herself alone with nothing to do.

Emma walked through the doors of the penthouse knowing Regina was in the bedroom. It was only 7:30pm the last couple of days she's been getting home at around 10-11pm but tonight she decided she was going to spend sometime with Regina. She has been leaving her alone quite a lot and she didn't really like that.

Emma went into the kitchen and prepared a nice small dinner that consisted of Mac and cheese with four cheese mashed potatoes and steak. Emma placed the plate of food on a tray with two glasses of red wine before walking to the master bedroom.

"Mm... I thought I smelled something good." Regina said as Emma placed the tray of food and wine on the bed.

"Yeah I wanted to make you something nice," Emma said while changing into a pair of sweats and a tank top, while Regina laid in be in a red silk gown with a stack of books sitting neatly on her nightstand.

"But why are you home so early I know it's been busy at the office ever since we opened the hotel." Regina said grabbing one of the glasses of wine.

"I wanted to spend sometime with you tonight, but I also wanted to know if we were moving forward with a plans for the ceremony and the wedding?" Emma said  sitting on the bed while grabbing her glass of wine.

Regina looked down at her hands and sighed out, "Ok, we can continue planning, but I just want to know is there anything else your hiding from me?" Regina asked a look of desperation in her eyes. Emma thought back to her past but she didn't think it would affect her which led her to her answer.

"No, but I do have a question?" Emma said as she watched Regina release a breath.

"And that is?"

"What incident were you referring to that day?" Emma asked knowing she didn't need to clarify .

"His name was Daniel."