The Scattered truth

It's been two weeks sinces Henry has told the whole family including Emma the news except Regina.

Jefferson didn't take the news lightly and has been drinking more than usual, while everyone was badgering the engaged couple to hurry and get their planning for the wedding done.

"Emma" Regina called rounding the corner of the hallway into the living room. "In here baby," Emma replies, not looking up from cake samples.

"So you wanna try the lemon drop with vanilla cream frosting, or the strawberry with vanilla frosting?" Emma asked, sliding her hands around Regina's waist.

"Hmmm... let's do the strawberry first." Regina hums softly putting her hands on top of Emma's. Regina bends slightly grabbing a fork full of the chosen cake and eating it,
"Mmmmhmmm.." Regina hums in delight.

"Let me taste it,'' Emma says looking down at Regina before capturing her lips in a slow passionate kiss.

Regina giggles turning in Emma's arms and putting her arms around Emma's neck causing her to lean down more into the kiss. Emma swiped her tongue on Regina bottom lip and Regina eagerly gave access. "Mmmmm" Emma moaned into the kiss before pulling away "That was delishious" Emma says with a stupid grin making Regina laugh.

"We need to get ready. Mother has called a family lunch for some reason." Regina says.

"Well maybe she just wants all of us together or to act like an actual family" Emma says following Regina to their room in the penthouse.

"Maybe but that's very unlikely, she only does things like this when it's something of importance." Regina states looking through her side of the closet for an outfit to wear.

"So I'm just contemplating whether or not I want to find out." Regina says to be busy looking for an outfit to see Emma's scared expression.

(So Henry's going to tell her today at lunch, he's really going to do it today-), Emma thought a frown coming upon her face. "Emma!" Regina called snapping her fingers in front of the blonde's face.

"Yes Baby what did you say?" Emma asked, jerking from her thoughts.

"I said you're worrying me, where did you go?" Regina asked as Emma wrapped her arms around her waist for reassurance.

"Nowhere I went nowhere." Emma stated quietly not even believing the statement as it left her lips.

"Emma I'm not going to force it out of you because force never works with us but I need you to talk to me, you've been dipping in and out of reality more than I can count in the last 2 weeks."

Regina says pausing and pursing her lips, "Please tell me what's bothering you, is it me?, is it the wedding? Or is it both?." Regina wanted to know the answer but was also dreading it. But Emma reacted quickly by grabbing Regina's cheeks and pressing her lips firmly onto hers.

"Regina you and the wedding isn't what I'm worried about ok and don't think I will ever think less of you cause I won't ok, It's probably stress with work." Emma says pressing a light kiss on Regina's temple before pulling away and leaving to look for something decent to wear while Regina walked to the bathroom trying to figure out what could've bothered her lover this much.

Emma and Regina pulled up to Henry's and Cora's large gated mansion. Regina typed in the pin on the keyboard outside the gate that only the family knew and drove around the waterfall and parked behind Zelena's black jeep.

Emma got out and went around to Regina's side to open the door. "Thank you dear" Regina says getting out.

Once they got inside they found everyone waiting in the living room in silence.