12. Visiting Brooklyn

February

After spending January's school break in Los Angeles to film, I get to finally visit Brooklyn in New York. This Friday i'm going to visit him and i'm so excited! Romeo and I are travelling by ourselves for the first time.

I finished packing my suitcase, shoving the top on and zipping it up. "Harperrrr" I yell. Harper walks into my room. "I gonna come with mum today to drop you off at school, I have a free first period. Me and Mum are going to get hot chocolate before school." I say. "Okay" Harper says before skipping off. "Wait for me" I say grabbing my school bag and walking out of my room.

While we drive to school we listen to Harper's favourite singer, Ariana Grande. We say goodbye to Harper and let her off to school.

After a long flight, my fifth one already this year, we arrive in NYC!

Brooklyn stays in the upper east side, our parents named him after Brooklyn in New York. It is a very cool place, although nothing like home. When Romeo and I were just short of turning one, because of dad's job we all moved to Spain. It was so nice there, but we haven't been back since. When I was 6 we moved to Los Angeles, it's nothing like New York but it's still a great place. One day I hope I can live here in New York, if I ever move away from my family.

After a day out exploring the city with Brooklyn I look through the photos he took of me. I decided to post on my instagram.

@avabeckham: nyc bound! photo cred @brooklynbeckham

photo cred @brooklynbeckham

brooklynbeckham: Stunning as always! xx
> avabeckham: love you B

noahkaiser: Beautiful❤️
> avabeckham: miss you xx

yazcaramanli: Pretty girl xx
@avabeckham: luv you x

kyla.mcgregor : cutest cutie😍
- @avabeckham: no you! 😭

kenzie: i miss youuu
- @avabeckham: i miss you kenz !

beckhamgiirls: Seriously these genes😍😳

load more comments

Saturday

I wake up and immediately open the blinds to look out onto the view from Brooklyn's Hudson yards apartment. I can't believe he gets to wake up to this every morning. Romeo wasn't in the room so he must've already woken up. He slept on Brooklyn's pullout couch in the lounge. "Morning Avey Boo" I hear Brooklyn say. I turn around "Morning Brooklyn, morning Rome" I reply. "Get ready you two i'm taking you out for breakfast" Brooklyn says. I walk back into the spare bedroom from the lounge to get ready.

We leave the apartment and enter the elevator. Brooklyn presses 'G' and we start to go down. We walk out of the building, Brooklyn signals out to a taxi and it pulls over. He holds the door open and Romeo and I get it while he sits in the front. "Central park please" he says. "By any chance are you kids Victoria Beckham's children?" The cab driver asks with a strong italian accent. "Uhhyeah, I'm Brooklyn and this is Romeo and Ava my twin siblings" Brooklyn says. "oh yes I know I know, where's the two little ones then" He asks chuckling. "Back at home, these two just came to visit me for the weekend" Brooklyn reply's to the driver. "Oh I see. So you guys I am a huge fan of your mums work. A big fashion man myself, i'm Tony, or Antonio.. originally from Italy. I'm old and cab driver now but atleast I live here in New York City you know" Tony says looking in the mirror to see me and Romeo in the back seat. We all laugh together. "We'll pass on the message, Tony" I say. "Ah, thank you dear. Not first time celebrity's have been in Tony's cab you know." He says. "Really" Brooklyn says. "Yeah, yeah. We've had Gigi Hadid, Sia that beautiful singer and Joey from friends. I've forgotten his real name." Tony says. "Wow!" I say. "Matt Leblanc plays Joey on Friends, you're telling me he's sat in this very seat" Romeo says, the first time this shy kid has spoken since we got in the cab. Tony chuckled, "Yes Mr Romeo". We arrive at Central Park. We all thank our cab driver Tony and he blows kisses as we get out. What a sweet man

We find a pizza truck. "This is real New York style pizza, amazing!" Brooklyn tells us as he walks up to order. I take a bite. Wow he wasn't kidding it's amazing. Romeo loves it too and he's usually not a huge pizza fan. Brooklyn takes us around central park and we walk around for the afternoon.

Sunday

After spending spending a couple days with Brooklyn in New York it was time to come back home. I was beyond excited to see my family again, I always miss them so much. Romeo and I watched films on the flight home and didn't talk to each other that much as we were invested in our movie. After a smooth landing in London's Heathrow airport we had made it home. While I was getting my things and heading out to get picked up I saw flashes coming around the corner. A couple flashes turned into 20 every couple of seconds and I couldn't see anymore. I was escorted out of the airport by my usual bodyguard but I knew I needed much more protection from the swarm of paparazzi. If only my dad were here, he's so good with these situations. "Ava, Ava" "Over here" "Is it true your parents are getting divorced" "Is your family okay" "How's David?" "Look over here" I keep blanking out but the sounds of the paparazzi yelling surrounds me. Romeo holds out his arm and I link mine around it and hold my head down. Once we were finally out of the airport there were more flashes then ever before, making me feel lightheaded. I reach the car waiting just outside the airport, still squinting and trying to breathe calmly. I grabbed the car handle but before I could pull it open I fell and soon all I could see was black.

chapter end.

————————————

authors note:

im trying to be more active with this story i'm sorry this chapter lowkey sucked but i have big plans for this story hope you all are liking it so far
i'll update again soon 💞