21. This is for you you beautiful soul

previously: I have never experienced such a heart break in my entire lifetime. I miss you so much Kyla, fly high my angel.

6 years later

"Would you like to practice what you're gonna say tonight?" Peggy asks me while touching up on my makeup.

"How are you so certain that i'm going to win?" I ask looking in the mirror

"I'm sure you will" She replies smiling at me in the mirror.

"Well, if I do. I haven't thought about what i'll say because i'm going to speak from my heart." I say taking a deep breath.

"Great idea, you've got this Ave" Peggy smiles. "Red carpet time."

We walk out of the hotel into to a black SUV. I'm accompanied by Louis and Romeo, who I chose out of all my siblings. I have always been closest to Romeo, after all being twins we have been best friends since birth.

Once we arrive at the venue I have to leave the boys to walk down the red carpet.

"Ava Beckham do you have time to do a quick interview with us for Ellen?" A blonde lady asks me as I walk past.

"Sure!" I say.

After the interview I continue to walk down to the other photographers smiling at their cameras.

Even growing up with paparazzi it was still surprising to have this many camera's in front of me and each person trying to get my attention. I get to the end of the red carpet and I am shown to where Louis and Romeo were and we're taken to our seats.

After an orchestra performance the award show commences.

"To kick off the 80th Golden globe awards show, we will be having the female performance category which is filled with so many talented actresses."One of the presenters says.

"Lets take a look at our nominee's for this year shall we. We have Jenna Ortega, Lili Reinhart, Serayah, Lana Condor, Elle Fanning and Ava Beckham" The second presenter says while everyone cheers as each name is announced.

"And, the winner of best female performance goes to..."

"Ava Beckham"

I stand up in shock, Romeo gives me a hug and before I go up towards the stage Louis sitting on the other side of me places a kiss on my cheek and hugs me tightly. The audiences cheers surrounding me. I am still in shock as I walk up to the stage to collect my award. I walk up to the microphone holding the golden trophy in my right hand.

"Hi everyone, i'm.. I am so so grateful for this whole film opportunity and I cannot thank everyone enough for the amount of support my family and friends have shown me these past years. Making this film over the past two years and now being up here are winning this award, is the highlight of my career for sure."

I inhale before saying my next words trying to hold back my tears.

"I would like to dedicate this award to my beautiful best friend who we lost when I was 16 years old. Through this film I was able to understand the situation and raise awareness of both devastating issues and consequences of suicide and rape. This is for you you beautiful soul, Kyla McGregor. "

As the audience cheers and a tear that I was holding captive escaped and I held my head down. The begin to cheer even louder in support of me breaking down on stage.

The presenters approach and I walk down the stairs back down to my seat. When I reached Louis he wrapped his arms over my shoulders, "I am so so proud of you" he said in a happy tone. I sat down and Romeo on my right gave me a cheerful grin that I have only ever seen once before and that was right now.

To be continued...
Chapter end

Authors note:

I decided I really didn't know where to keep going with this story and that it had to end somewhere. This chapter is quite short i'm so sorry I just don't know where this story is going.

The next chapter will be the epilogue/last chapter most likelyyy so please look forward to that :)

Stay safe :)