5: The Best Beckham

{Before you read, this chapter came before chapter 4 for some reason so scroll down and read chapter before before this one if you haven't :) }

previously:

"That's ok, it's not like you two are dating anyways." Lia says
"Yeah" Kyla adds.
"okay, I guess i'll be fine for now. Thanks girls" I say pulling them into a group hug.

present day

*buzz*
@Milliebobbybrown tagged you in a post

1,238,560 likes40,386 comments @milliebobbybrown miss you so much!💜

1,238,560 likes
40,386 comments
@milliebobbybrown miss you so much!💜

@literallymbb: aww

@beckhamgirls: I NEED THIS FRIENDSHIP
BACK TOGETHER

@milliesrap: Isn't it funny how your best friend and little sister share a name lolllll 😂😂😂😂

@avabeckham: awww, we need to see each other soon!❤️ miss you toooo

load more comments

We got to school and I say goodbye to Romeo and we spilt off to our different friend groups. I walk over to the round picnic table where my friends are. "Hey" I say, they all look at me and smile and greet me. "Ava, we've been thinking about this whole Sam situation. We all think you need to give him a chance" Tilly says and the rest of the group nod in agreement. "First of all, he's practically scared of my family" I say but Kyla cuts me off "Ava you haven't even asked him, stop assuming he is" she says "yeah but" I start "Which is why you're trading seats with me and you can sit next to him in maths" Lia says cutting me off. I sigh.

Maths was first period. I still had no idea of what I was going to say to Sam. But it didn't matter because the class was starting and he was sitting next to me like everything was fine

"Sam?" I ask, still looking towards the front of the classroom. "mhm" he says. "what happened on Monday night? if you don't want to tell me then that's" he cuts me off "No we should talk about it. Look Ava, i'm really sorry for what I did but I just, well the truth is I like you. Like as more than a friend. But it's like you're at the top of the food chain and i'm at the bottom. It doesn't make sense, my feelings took over. I'm sorry" He says sympathetically while looking at me. I stare into his blue eyes for a couple of seconds to understand what he said.

"Sam what do you mean you're at the bottom of the food chain? And- i'm not at the top. My parents are the 'famous' ones" I say, "Which also makes you famous!" he says raising his whisper. I look around the classroom, nobody heard. "I-but Sam, it doesn't matter. Why should that matter?" I say. "Just forget about it, ok" He says. "But Sam-"
"Miss Beckham would you like to share your answer to question two please." My maths teacher asks knowing I wasn't paying attention. I quickly peer at the board and work it out. Easy! "271" I say confidently. Romeo looks over his shoulder and smiles at me from the front of the classroom. I got it right. "Ok class do we agree" My maths teacher asks. Everyone replies in agreement. Take that Mr Pattison.

Afterschool

"Sam wait." I say chasing after him "Sam!" I raise my voice and he finally turns around.
He looks confused. " I gotta get home, he points to the car park" I take his hand and he laughs. "Ava, cmon really!" he says. I walk past Romeo on my way back towards the school. "what the-" is all I manage to hear from him.
"Ava, what is this?" He asks confused. We sit down on a bench underneath a tree. It's almost silent, nobody's around. "Sam, I-I know you have feelings for me. So just please, don't let my families fame or whatever it is, get in between us." he still looks confused. "Ava, i've got to go" he says before pulling me into his body and hugging me. "Ahh- bye" he says. "bye?" I say watching him walk away. Why do I even try with this boy ugh.

The next day

I hoped into the car for the school run, 8am sharp. When I get in I see Cruz sitting in my seat, when he sees me he just points to Romeo. I look at Romeo and he holds out his hand, I grab it and sit at the back with him.
"What's this about?" I whisper
"Presley" Romeo replies
"Yeah? What about Pres?"
"have a look at this" he says showing me his phone. It plays a video, I see Presley, and then a male comes into the room, first they hug and then she kisses him. Sam?
"Is that who I think it is?" I ask
Romeo sighs and holds my hand
"Ava. You were always too good for him anyways." Romeo whispered into my ear which is rested on his shoulder.

The whole day at school I was distracted by that video of Sam and Pres. I thought she was my friend, no we weren't that close. But I definitely didn't see that coming from her..

—————
authors note:

i hope you enjoyed this chapter
i'm going to try post more updates soon!

please leave a comment on how you want the story to go
sorry this sucked
ily all sm💛