12: could you kiss me?

I plastered my palms to the ground, feeling an unsettling feeling in my stomach, feeling nauseated.

I felt a hand hold my back and stroke me slightly.

"Riley? Are you okay?" Peter asked as he knelt in front of me. He held me up to stand and brushed off the hair around my face. I blushed as he brushed his fingers on my cheek to brush off the hair.

He was so close...

I glanced down at his thin lips and blushed only to look away and towards the ground in embarrassment.

"Want something to eat?" He asked as he helped me up to my feet, before I could answer, Ash grabbed my wrist and yanked me to him.

"She came with me Peter." He said and clenched tighter on my wrist. As though it was my fault for... What exactly? "I'll take care of her."

"Oh.. Okay. See you later then Riley." He waved and I smiled and waved back. Sarah gave me an uneasy look before leaving with him.

"Seriously?" Ash asked as he stood in front of me, staring down into my eyes.

"What?" I asked a bit uneasy under his stare. He sighed and crossed his arms on his chest.

"The way you looked at him... Like you were about to kiss him or something." He said and I furrowed my brows at him.

"You act like you've studied that." I said as I walked past him.

"Of course I have. I've kissed countless girls and they give that look every time." He said as he walked beside me. I sighed and walked to the spiced nuts booth.

"Why don't you just go and kiss more then?" I asked in anger and he grabbed my shoulders and span me round to face him.

"If you forgot, I'm the one who's going to kiss you. Not Peter." He said angrily and I rolled my eyes, pushing him away from me.

"Don't fuss about it." I said and walked from him to the spiced nuts. I really wanted some so bad...

"Two please. Extra large." I smiled and handed him the money for it. He gave me two large bags and I turned to face Ash only to see his bummed out face. "Oh come on Ash. Why is it so important to you?"

"Because I like you Riley. And I want to make you feel special." He burst out say and I just blinked at him a bit dumbfounded that he actually told me the truth.

"Well... Let's eat. Spicy... You know?" I chuckled and handed him a bag. It's not my fault I'm not usually told these things so I don't know how to react about it.

He sighed and we walked to a small bench where we could eat at least. He hardly stared up at me and I knew it bugged him a lot. But what should I do? I mean... I don't feel that way.

"So what ride should we go onto next?" I asked and looked around, trying to drive away the topic. The most disgusting feeling I had ever experienced in my life is guilt. and I try to avoid it at all times.

"What about the twister!" The goth girl asked as she sprung from nowhere and placed her arm over my neck as she sat next to me. "Its amazing! And I got you a little something." She giggled and pulled out a teddy bear from under the seat, dropping it in front of me. It was really small though, she could have just hid it in her shirt.

"Thanks..." I smiled and glanced at Ash who wasn't saying anything but looking at her with a bored face. "Ash look. It's a cute teddy." I said as I held it up and he glanced at me with the same bored expression.

"Geez, what's your problem? I won't steal your girlfriend." She said and rolled her eyes at him. "I'm becoming straight."

"I didn't ask you." He fired and I cleared my throat uncomfortably and looked around.

"Ash... Could you kiss me?" I asked and he stared at me a bit of shock. Good, he's recovered.

"... It's... Uh..." He scratched his head and the goth girl chuckled as she glanced at me.

"What's he uneasy about this kiss? Don't you guys kiss often?" She asked and I smiled as I glanced at her.

"No. He'll be my first kiss." I said only to blush at how embarrassing that statement was. "Well uh... You know."

"I know." She giggled and glanced at him. "Make it special." She whispered as she stood up and clasped her hands together. "I should get lost. I know. So that the romantic tension between you two should grow. I'll meet you after. My phone number is already in your phone." She said and skipped away.

I glanced down at the table and there my phone was. I grabbed it and the first name in the phone book must be hers. Jenn. Otherwise, I only have the president's number, my parents and the university lecturer.

I'm not so social.

"She's so weird! How could she snatch my phone without my knowledge!?" I asked and he chuckled as he chewed on some more crunchy nuts.

"You leave it peaking in you pocket behind you. Someone could steal it." He said and I furrowed my brows at him. "A few tried but saw me watching."

"Why not call the guards or police!?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

"It's your own carelessness." He said and I growled. "Let's go somewhere fun." He stood up and grabbed my wrist. My heart thud for an odd reason.

"Where you'll kiss me?" I asked and blushed when he looked at me a bit surprised at me.

"Are you that desperate?" He chuckled and yanked me forward. I stumbled but stabled and cleared my throat.

"Its just a logical question." I defended myself and he glanced at me with a knowing glance to which I brushed off.